It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 22, 2019

Remembering Dave, Lots Of Errands and Talking to Lenny.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After posting Saturday’s Blog yesterday morning because of the Power Outage in the Park that shut down the Internet I was happy to publish Sunday’s Blog before midnight. It seems that my sleep schedule works better during the warmer months. Even after another Rainstorm shortly after we went to bed last night I was up by 7:00 this morning.
I managed my normal routine of getting things ready for breakfast and opening all the Window Shades downstairs before moving to me Computer. The Cloud Cover was so thick that it looked like we were about to have another Storm. The overnight low had dropped to the Mid-Sixties but was slowly climbing.
What the Sky looked like all day.
When the Sleep Clinic raised the setting on Kathy’s CPAP Machine it helped her to sleep better. Now when she senses my absence in bed she soon wakes up and joins me downstairs.

With a list of places to go along with attending a Memorial Celebration today Kathy told me my day was a write off so we made it a Second Cup morning while at the Computers. While there I found a list of information about the local Hospitals that I wanted to add to our Cell Phones. The reason that I’m doing this is if we are travelling and need some medical information it is only a Phone Call away. It was nice knowing that if I entered it on my Cell Phone it would appear on Kathy’s. When I checked on her Cell Phone it wasn’t there so I figured I’d have to do it tomorrow but when I checked back later in the afternoon it was all there. Why the delay I have no idea.
Today we had Chicken Noodle Soup along with Cheese Sticks for lunch and a Yogurt Cup for dessert. Even though the outside temperature was back to seasonal we left the AC turned on this morning. Kathy said we didn’t need to be getting dressed in casual clothes while it was sticking to us.
Kathy next to European Subaru. Sits Four.
We arrived at the Wolfhead Distillery and Restaurant shortly after 1:00. At the road the Sign said it was closed for a private event. Dave was a man that had touched many lives always trying to make them better. When he was suddenly told his days were numbered he chose to donate his body to Science so hopefully by doing research others might not have to go through what he did. The money that would have been used for the Funeral was then put for this Memorial Celebration of his life.
The parking lot was packed and so was the inside of the Restaurant eventually spilling out onto the Patio. Relatives, Friends and People that had known Dave were there to share their stories with Marilyn his wife. There was easily Two Hundred People in attendance with more arriving by the minute as cars began parking along the Highway. After an Hour and a Half we said our Good Byes and headed for Home.
As soon as we’d put our casual clothes back on we shut the AC and opened the windows. We gathered what we needed to bring and were soon heading back out the door heading towards Windsor.
The first stop was at Staples where Kathy looked for a few things while I used their Copy Machines. 
Next we headed over to the CAA on Howard Avenue to get some Maps that we’ll need for the Fall when we head south.

One of the places that I’ve been calling for what I’ve been looking for has an Answering Service that says they’ll call me. That’s the same thing I’ve been told the last Three Times that I called. Since we were nearby we stopped only to find the building all locked up at 3:00 in the afternoon. What I found on a sign was the 1-800 Number for the Corporate Office that I think I’ll try tomorrow.
We checked for Mail at Guardian Storage before heading over to Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit our reimbursement cheque that we got from Green Shield to pay Healthy Heals when Mary takes care of Kathy’s feet.
We stopped at Wendy’s where we had Two Chicken Wraps from the Value Menu, along with Two Chocolate Frosties and Two Seniors Soft Drinks all for $7.19. It was satisfying without leaving us stuffed.

Thinking we had stopped everywhere we had planned we stopped at Princess Auto to pass some time looking around. It wasn’t until Kathy mentioned that her Hearing Aides was bothering her that I remembered where else we needed to go. We had forgot to write it on our list of places to go. We took the expressway and we arrived at Hearing Life in less then Ten Minutes. Kathy explained that she was going through a lot of Batteries but the Audiologist said it was perfectly normal as a fact she was doing better then most.
Since we were so close we drove to the Zehrs grocery store on Manning Road. When we lived in the apartment this was where we bought most of our groceries. We got what we needed but didn’t stay longer then we needed because you needed a coat to stay comfortable inside. Their AC was still set for the High Humidex we’d been getting.

It didn’t take long to get Home and to bring all the groceries in. We worked together putting them away when I realized I’d forgotten my Copies in the Car. When I was about to go back inside our neighbour Lenny spotted me saying he was done with the Axe that I had loaned him. We talked almost Two Hours.

We are looking forward to sleeping with the Windows open for a few days before the High Humidex returns. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You weigh more than your credit score.

6 comments:

  1. It is really nice to be able to sleep with the windows open. The night air always seems so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the cooler weather, even if it's still not THAT cool. It's nice to sleep a little better. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice memorial celebration. Great that you two could attend. Looks like a great place to have it at! Love the car that Kathy's standing beside. A really nice pic of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Subaru is so small! Nice picture of Kathy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave must have been a very special person to have so many come and honour his memory. Both of my parents donated their bodies to science as well. Such an important way for both medical and dental students to learn about the human body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very nice picture of Kathy next to that little Subaru.

    Envious of your nice temperatures.

    ReplyDelete