It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 1, 2019

Scrubbing Honey and A Heavy Drinker.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Last night I managed to sleep much better then Saturday Night. Even though we only visited with our daughter Rose yesterday Kathy managed to pick something up and could barely breathe through her nose this morning. She was totally congested and had hardly slept.

As soon as breakfast was over Kathy went to her Computer while I did my inside chores By the time I got to my Coffee it wasn’t quite as cool as yesterday so I checked The Weather Network to find the forecast showing a Chance of Severe Thunderstorms for today.
With my Coffee finished I headed outside to find the sky totally filled with Clouds. I figured it would Rain for certain because my plan was to wash the Trailer. If it rains every time I wash our vehicles so this would certainly do it. 

By 10:00 I was on the Ladder scrubbing the Nose of the Trailer. If you were reading our return trip this past spring after we left Bisbee we had a run in with a swarm of Honey Bees on April 1st. That was not a Joke but didn’t realize it until I cleaned the Windshield the next day. Today there was still plenty of Honey smeared all along the upper parts of the Nose that took a lot of scrubbing to get off.
By noon there were no Clouds in the sky and the Sun was feeling quite intense. Kathy had snoozed for a while and was starting to feel a bit better. While I cooled down she made us Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for lunch along with a few Cookies and a Yogurt Cup for dessert. Even though I had been drinking lots of Liquid outside the Juice I had with lunch helped to make me feel refreshed.

By 2:30 I had only gotten half the Roadside of the Trailer done because it was shaded. I was standing on the Ladder stretching to reach above our Slides where it took extra scrubbing to clean those spots. I took a short break and refilled my water bottles.

After that side was finished I started the Curbside. Being in the direct Sunlight was wearing me down and I still had Half that side and the back to do. Kathy saw me outside and suggested we have supper.
After getting the Spare Ribs on the grill Kathy had me thin slice a Potato for her to saute on the stove. Everything tasted wonderful and you could cut the meat off the bones with a fork. Our dessert was an Apple Sauce Cup.

Determined to finish cleaning the Trailer I was back outside before 6:00. The Curbside was now shaded which made it easier to clean because the Soapy Water wasn’t evaporating as soon as I was applying it.
Standing on the Bicycle Carrier.
I was cleaning the Back of the Trailer when Kathy came outside to check how things were going. She couldn’t believe there was a Shine to the finish. I finished up by 8:00 and needed a shower to get cleaned and cooled down.
Seconds before it read 90 F with a Feels Like 102.
When I checked The Weather Network just as I was about to take the Picture the update occurred. Today’s Humidex had reached 102 F (39 C). We are expecting Four More Days with higher Temperatures this week before cooling down on the WeekendNo wonder I drank so much and needed extra breaks. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Mark Twain, American Writer

7 comments:

  1. Glad you stayed hydrated while cleaning your RV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put up a sign rv washing.lol
    Looks like a bunch of work to me. Hope you got holiday pay 😁
    Take it easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those honey bees make a real mess, don't they? Driving through the almond groves in Southern California was the same. It seems they put the hives on one side of the road and the bees all want to go to the trees on the other side. I had to stop several times t clean the motor home window which meant digging out the ladder and cleaning supplies each time. Glad we don't have that humidity out here on the west coast!
    '

    ReplyDelete
  4. To hot to be out working!
    Just be glad those were honey bees and not love bugs or you would be missing a lot of paint in those spots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to do my washing at 6 am or 6 pm, depending on where the sun is. Keeping water consumption up is apparently the key. Sometimes it seems like I just can't drink enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of work but I'm sure you are happy it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another very busy day in the heat! Good thing you know to drink a lot of water! Glad that Kathy is feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete