It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Site Leveling, Making Arrangements, Getting Pumped and Delicious Meal.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It felt amazing sleeping the entire night because my feet weren’t cold. The new Thermo Insulated Socks that we purchased at the Giant Tiger really did a fine job of keeping my feet comfortable.
Our first Frost of the season.
We were both up before 8:00 this morning and even though Kathy had told me that she wanted something else for breakfast I knew that with the 28 F (-2 C) outside temperatures she wouldn’t mind her Hot Cereal to start the day. Even though we have had colder mornings this was the first morning that we actually had Frost covering the ground. It was really noticeable on the Golf Course at the end of the street.
We had just moved our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers when we started hearing a racket from next door. The site next door had been occupied for nearly Twenty Years by the same people. The last Two Years they only came around because they needed to clean up. Since they are no longer able to enjoy staying in their RV this past week the Trailer was finally removed which allows the Site to be leased to someone else for Next Season. The noise we were hearing was Joe the Park Owner using the Bobcat to level the Site and bring in fresh stone.

After finishing my morning reading I made Two phone calls. The first where I left a voice mail to Stephanie at Leisure Trailer Sales. With our having to leave the Park next Thursday morning we’ll be going to the dealership for a Warranty Issue that was not addressed at the Factory this past spring.

The second call was to Rand McNally Tech Support. The last time that our Trucker’s GPS was updated One of the files was Corrupted and had to be Deleted so that it would work. Thinking the same thing had happen I figured it would be a quick fix but because it’s over a year old they want us to send it in for a repair instead. That’s $100.00 Plus Shipping just for them to look at it. We think not!
Spring Rolls with Plumb Sauce.
Kathy is trying to use as many things up in our Freezer before we cross the International Border so she cooked up more of the Spring Rolls for us to enjoy. Being that they were not very filling we also had a bowl of Split Pea Soup which finished taking the chill out of our bones.
Spit Pea Soup with Ham
With Kathy’s hand still bothering her she had me chopping Peppers, Onions and Potatoes to go in our Slow Cooker with a Beef Steak. Even with the Electric Fireplace giving off heat it took nearly Fifteen Minutes before there was any heat coming from the Slow Cooker.

I was just about to go outside when Stephanie called to verify our appointment for next week.

Having looked at The Weather Network for the next week I noticed Rain forecasted for nearly every day so after dressing warmly I pulled the Compressor from our Basement and started topping off all the Tires. Since it was a breezy 46 F (8 C) I started with the Trailer. We might end up taking some air out as we get into warmer climates. I then had One Tire that needed some air on our Car.

If you recall at the beginning of the month we had the Tires rotated on the Truck. I informed them that we pull a heavy Trailer and needed all the Tires pumped up to 80 PSI. When I checked them this afternoon, I found they had reduced the Air Pressure in all my Tires and used the recommended pressure instead. We almost lost our Trailer because of those low pressures before. We now have no problems by setting them higher and that was recommended by Jim our Mechanic who I totally trust.

When all the Tires Pressures were inflated to where they should be I finished wrapping the last Two Potted Trees we have with Tree Netting so they’ll better survive the heavy Snow Fall this coming winter.
It was after 5:00 by the time I closed up outside. The moment I walked inside my mouth started watering from the smell of that Pepper Steak that was cooking. Using Horseradish Sauce on the Steak and Hot Salsa on the Potatoes it gave it all a Southwest Flavouring.

I called our Pharmacy after supper to see if we can pick up our medications for the Trip. Apparently Kathy’s Family Doctor hasn’t Okay-ed them in over a week. I also filled our Pill Doucettes for Ten Days this evening. Tomorrow we have a few other things to take care of. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your bar tab has page numbers.

2 comments:

  1. I had the opposite problem. The dummies who aired up my new tires from Costco ran them up to 80 pounds all around when I wasn't pulling anything. I almost ran off the road. It's always safer to do it yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Split pea soup looks delicious ..nice and thick! YUM. You're certainly getting things done!

    ReplyDelete