It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Lying Forecast, Technical Scam and Feeling Like Winter.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It felt wonderful getting out of bed and not having to rush to add extra layers at 7:30 this morning. After going through my morning routine the first thing I checked on the Computer was our weather for the day. Even the Radar showed that we’d possibly be getting a couple of showers much later in the day but I wasn’t about to take any chances.
Today's Sunrise.
Finishing our Coffees at the Computers has become a part of our breakfast routine but once my first cup was finished along with my inside chores I was headed out the door.
Looking West.
When I went around the front of the Trailer I stopped and did a double take at what appeared to be a very nasty Storm Cloud coming from the northwest. The way our Trailer is designed and parked guess what part of the sky we can’t see. Simply turning around and looking in the opposite direction I simply saw a beautiful sky with a few Puffy Clouds in it.
Seconds later, looking East
While getting the tools I needed from the Basement I also dumped our Waste Tanks. I was in the process of tightening the Bicycle Carrier Brackets to the rear bumper when I was hit with the first wave of Rain. By the time I was inside the door I was soaked. Minutes later it stopped so wearing my Raincoat I made a second attempt to finish my chore. This time I was wringing wet before I got inside.
Chicken Noodle Soup, Cookies and Yogurt for dessert.
Checking the Radar once again they were then showing the Rain clearing shortly after lunch so we decided let’s have lunch. The Chicken Noodle Soup helped to take the chill out of my body.

Since it was still Raining when we finished eating it was time to do an inside chore that needs to be done before we head south, updating our GPSs. Before having the Hard-Drive replaced on my Computer I could simply plug them in and they would upload the latest changes. Now the Docking Program would no longer work so I simply went On-Line to their Site.

When I tried to reload the Docking Program it wasn’t happening and suddenly a Chat Box asks if I need assistance. Using only my Name they called our Phone Number which was listed when the units were both registered. The person at the other end is telling me I’m having an issue with our modem, it has all kinds of errors showing and that was why my Upload was not working, but they can clean it up for me for a charge. I Declined and they hung up without any Arm-Twisting. Odd!

Since it has been less then a week since I picked my Computer up from the shop I called SX Videos. After I explained the problem, Dave explained they made certain there were no Errors, Viruses or Spyware when they had fixed it but to bring it in and they would check it out.
Heading South out of the Park.
The Rain had finally stopped but I wrapped my Laptop with my Raincoat. As we were leaving we saw our neighbours Maynard and Marva working around their Trailer. Since we weren’t here when they closed it up we went to have a brief talk with them. They are a friendly couple always complimenting us on all the improvements we’ve made to our Site. We wished them a Safe Winter and told Maynard that he can’t break any more bones so we can see him more often next Season. They told us to enjoy our travels.
Rain to the North.
As we headed towards Essex we could see the Rain falling off in the distance. When we reached SX Videos Kathy stayed in the Car just to relax. Dave immediately checked my Computer which came up clean. He also told me that they find all kinds of Errors on Brand New Computers they take out of the boxes right from the manufacturer and simply clean them up before giving them to the Customer. Dave had me go to the Rand McNally Homepage and within seconds he had it loading the Docking Program that I had lost at no charge.
Raining as we leave Essex.
I was telling David about the heavy Rain we had and he said they’d had Dime Sized Hail. It was starting to Rain again as we left Essex and headed for Home.
Home in that direction.
It didn’t take long to get our RV GPS all updated so that Kathy can start adding locations before we hit the road. When I updated our Truckers GPS after it was finished I couldn’t restart it. Like the last time there is probably a Corrupted File that will have to be removed but since this is Saturday I need to wait until Monday to talk to their Tech Support.
Another Storm heading our way.
Since it was still Raining at 5:00 Kathy decided to cook supper inside. She served us Chili Chicken, Baked Sweet Potato, Tomato Slices, Coleslaw and the Leftover Cantaloupe for dessert. It was tasty and helped make us comfortable.
With the continuing Rain and High Winds we just checked the Radar to see the Rain changing to Flurries by 11:00 tonight until early morning. With Winds gusting up to 42 MPH the Temperature will feel like 19 F (-7 C) overnight. Hoping our landscape isn’t White in the morning. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

William Shakespeare

2 comments:

  1. Some of those clouds look pretty scary gotta say! Seems you don't know who to trust anymore with technical issues on the computer. Scammers are so scary! Glad you've got people you trust for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment for Kathy on Friday's blog since I didn't get to the post until yesterday.
    These spammers and hackers are a dangerous lot. I had this happen when I had a problem with Yahoo, they wanted a $100. to fix my hacker problem of course I didn't fall for it either.

    ReplyDelete