It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 22, 2018

MOT, Getting Loaded Up, Unexpected Doctor’s Appointments and Wonderful Supper.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It was unbelievable this morning when we got up at 8:00 that the Sun had already made its appearance for the day and it didn’t go away in fact it was the Clouds that left. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves the temperature was still sitting at the Freezing Mark. We changed things around by having Toasted Bagels with Cream Cheese for breakfast but we still ended up taking our Coffees to the Computers.

Looking out our Dining Windows we have a clear view of the Golf Course at the end of our street. Unlike other mornings the only people we saw out there were the Greens Keepers and they were bundled up. It wouldn’t be until after lunch that we would see any Golfers out there. With the forecasted high in Mid-Fifties and the clear sky you’d have thought the place would be swarming but it seemed nobody likes the cold North Breeze.

After getting all my morning reading done I had to make a call to the MOT regarding a letter that I just received in the Mail. Our Ontario Government is notorious at changing things without giving you much notification. Because of the size of our Trailer the lowest rated license I can have is a “D” which is actually a Professional rated license. Since reaching Senior Status I’m now required to have a yearly physical. A letter that I received earlier this year said it would occur on my next Birthday but not according to this letter.

I was only on hold waiting to talk to someone for a Half Hour. The MOT has decided to start with the Older “D” Licenses first and need the Physical completed by November so it will be in effect by January. (What happen to on our Birthdays?) If we had already gone south without getting this letter my License would have been reduced to a “G” and I would have been towing our Trailer illegally.

My next call was to my Family Doctor but it seemed the recording that they were on lunch was playing very early.

Kathy made us Toasted Bacon and Tomato Sandwiches for lunch with Yogurt cups for dessert.
After blocking the vents inside the Trailer to the Basement I headed out with plans to get things packed away. With more Visits and Appointments galore along with lots of Rainy Days in the Two Week Forecast I needed to get things loaded.

We always keep some water in our Fresh Water Tank just in case the water at the Park goes down so the first thing I did was to open all the Low Point Drains to empty out the stale water. After finding my Tie-Down Straps and Cargo Netting I started by loading our Tandem Bicycle on the Carrier. The Bicycle Frame is strapped to a mast, the Tires are strapped down and there is a Cable Lock that secures the Frame in place all under the Bicycle Cover itself.
Then it was time to strap down our Fresh Water and Waste Barrels to the Rack. The barrels could easily be taken but by tying a Tarp around them the Straps are not visible. The final step was to cover everything with a Cargo Net that adds to the Security of our load.

With all that fastened to the rear of the Trailer the Signal Lights are hidden from view so I added Lights to our Carrier and attach our License Plate there as well. I’ve had Police look at the Plate when we are parked and give me a Thumbs-Up.

I took a break long enough to call my Doctor’s Office. I managed to get my appointment on a day that we’ll already be in town.

I returned to organizing the Basement because I also wanted to pack away our Weber Q for traveling but was really starting to feel hungry. Since it was nearly 5:00 and Kathy knew the Weber was still outside she had me grill up some Turkey Kabobs while she made a Fettuccine Alfredo as a side dish and Poached Apples for dessert. It all tasted wonderful.
While Kathy washed the dishes I went outside and managed to finish loading the Basement along with refilling our Fresh Water Tank. We’ll be needing that because the Park closes November 1st and we won’t be heading south until the 4th. Even though I stored a lot of things in the Garden Shed for the winter, I’m hoping to clean it out in the spring along with things in the Basement. That means I’ve got Projects to do while we are away.
A nice warm Shower really felt refreshing this evening. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

"Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all.”

Alfred Lord Tennyson, English Poet

5 comments:

  1. That sure looks like a load and a half on the back of the trailer. Its a good feeling getting ready to hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to take baby steps in getting things packed but some things have to be left to the last days. The rain sure can dampen plans, it was our biggest concern too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We manage to stay under 24250# and avoid the higher drivers license requirement ('17 Chev 3500HD & '14 Jayco 361REQS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's something else about your license! The Class A license is similar here in the states. Ken had one when he was working but doesn't need it now for our little trailer. You're definitely getting things done and before you know it the 4th will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything works out and you are able to get your drivers license situation taken care of before you leave!

    ReplyDelete