It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Condensation Problem Resolved, Cleaning Up Our Site and Feeling Toasty.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Knowing how cold the Temperature was going down to overnight we decided to simply leave the Blue Flame Heater on its lowest possible setting. With the Winter Sheets on the bed neither of us were cold but when I got up and started opening the Window Shades I knew that we had mad a big mistake. All the Windows were dripping wet and once my eyes adjusted to the low light I could also see streams of moisture running down the walls.
Wondering what to do I threw caution to the wind along with our budget and turned on the Electric Fireplace before shut the Blue Flame Heater off. From our time living in the apartment I recalled just how dry the Electric Heat was. After switching the heat source I used one of our beach towels to wipe down the walls.
When Kathy came downstairs she agreed with my decision but the moisture was still slightly visible throughout the Trailer. When I read Barney, The Old Fat Man’s Comment he also confirmed that our new approach was the correct one. Then I recalled running Cube Heaters in Florida to fight the Humidity.
After doing some quick reading I did the rest of my inside chores before helping Kathy. With all this High Humidity in the Trailer the Arthritis in her hands had her in severe pain. Since the winds were too high to cook on our Weber Q, she coached me how to prepare Pork Roast and Vegetables in our Crock Pot for our supper.

Once that was done I suggested an early lunch and since we were so cold from the moisture we decided some nice hot Pea Soup would warm us up. It worked like a charm and after another look around inside the Trailer the Moisture was nearly gone.
Our Citronella Plant is Blooming.
With high temperatures in the Mid-Fifties to Mid-Forties and lows around the Freezing Mark the Weather Guessers are forecasting White Stuff heading our way. That means that we have no choice but to start getting things put away outside now. After making up a couple of Cardboard Boxes for Kathy, I bundled up and went outside to start collecting the Garden Ornaments that were used to create our Fairy Garden. Once I’d given them a quick brushing I brought them in for Kathy to finish washing and packing them up for winter storage.

My next chore was to store our Solar Powered Chandelier in the Gazebo before removing the Fabric Cover off the Gazebo itself. I was amazed how many insects had already tried making nests under the cover in hopes of riding out the winter there. Lets just say they didn’t make it.
More Blooms on their way in this cold weather.
When Kathy had finished packing the Fairy Garden Characters she came outside for a few minutes to see how I was doing and helped me straighten the cover on our Firewood Rack. I need to repair and reorganized the Garden Shed but need an entire day to do that so I started putting away the Solar Powered Patio Lights. Every little bit helps. I even started remounting our Bicycle Carrier on the rear bumper of the Trailer.

With the Twenty to Thirty-Five MPH Winds by 5:00 I was feeling quite chilled so I closed up outside for the day.
Kathy was already plating supper when I walked in the door. There was Pork Roast, Coleslaw, Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Celery and Homemade Cranberry Sauce. It all tasted wonderful but Kathy wasn’t done because she had made a couple of Apple Blossoms for dessert.
We wanted to start applying the Protective Mesh around our Golden Cedar Trees to avoid any damage from heavy snow but we couldn’t find our roll of Tie material and instead of waiting until morning we went shopping in Essex this evening.

We tried the Dollar Tree but they had already put away anything Garden Related until next spring.

We both need a new pair of Insulated Work Gloves after wearing holes through our old ones so we stopped at Mark’s Wear House where I managed to find a pair right off the bat. Everywhere else I struggle to put the gloves on but not these. Kathy’s hands are swollen from the Arthritis but all the Gloves were too large for her.

Our next stop was Canadian Tire where we first found the rolls of Tie material at a higher price then the Dollar Tree but they had it. Walking around the corner we found Work Gloves that fit Kathy perfectly but none that would fit me. We also picked up a gallon of Diesel Kleen an additive that helps keep our engine running smoothly.

We were on our way back to the Park when we were face to face with a beautiful Sunset and realized we’d forgotten the Camera at Home. By the time we got inside it was already dark.

We turned on the Water Heater before sitting down to read some Blogs. Kathy saw Our Awesome Travels where George says he uses his Blue Flame Heater but cracks a window slightly to avoid Condensation Buildup. He told us before but we forgot. At least we can use it safely in the Desert to keep warm.

We both enjoyed Hot Showers after doing the Dishes. We had to turn down the Electric Fireplace but the walls are nice and Dry now. Hoping to finish the Garden Shed tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain, American Writer

3 comments:

  1. Hope the snow holds out until you leave but that may not happen. I noticed my Canadian neighbors are back already they usually don't get here until late Oct. early Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout, a little outside fresh air helps to keep the air a bit dryer, always works great for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about Kathy's arthritis sounds terrible. A good day getting ready to leave. Hoping the inside stays nice and dry for ya!!

    ReplyDelete