It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Getting Our Order At Quiet Times, Supporting local Businesses and Vendors.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

It was shortly after 7:30 this morning when I headed downstairs to start opening the Window Shades but I only managed to get the very first one done when I had to get the camera so I could take a picture of the Sun just coming over the mountains. I managed to get the rest of the Shades up and everything ready to make breakfast before I had a chance to look at The Weather Network. With it being only 43 F (6 C) outside as soon as I heard Kathy getting up I turned the Furnace on. We didn’t need The Weather Network to know that the Wind was blowing fairly hard but according to their forecast it would only get worse as the day would wear on. 

As soon as we’d finished eating we took our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers to check our messages and read the morning Blogs. When I opened my E-mail to check the status on our Amazon Order I was surprised to read that it had been delivered Yesterday to the mailing address I’d used.

Today I had to do our Pill Doucettes so Kathy helped me out by making the bed up this morning before going to make more data entries on our Expenditure Spreadsheet. The reason I was doing our Pills this morning is because I do Forty-Five Days worth of pills at a time so that I’m not stuck doing them on a Saturday night every week and by doing it early in the day I seem better focussed. Another thing that doing that many days of Pills does it creates empty containers that we are able to recycle. 

As soon as I was finished and had everything packed away Kathy started making Baked Beans on Toast for lunch while I again made the Fruit Cocktail and Cottage Cheese mix for dessert.

While Kathy got ready inside I headed outside to replace our empty Propane Tank with the full one from the back of the Truck. I know I keep saying that I have to install our Blue Flame Heater but there seems to be a pile of things that keep getting ahead of it and today would be no exception. As soon as that was finished we headed in to Quartzsite.

Our destination was Quiet Times Greeting Card Shop on Main Street. We had heard from others last year you could have things shipped there and for Two Dollars you could pick it up. To our delight Amazon shipped the entire order in One Box unlike the last time when they shipped each article separately and One Item was lost in shipping by UPS. Kathy even had the chance to look around the store and found a number of interesting things but One will be used as a Special Gift next fall. 

As we were about to leave the parking lot I saw the sign at Taco Mio next door that advertised “All You Can Eat Fish Everyday”. When I told Kathy that, she said we’d check it our someday.

We drove up to the RV Pitstop where we had our Propane Tank refilled. I was given a new card since cashing in my old one on the last fill up. 
Two German Shepherd Rescue Dogs watching for Dad.
We drove down Main Street where there is another Grocery Vendor Tent set up. We found a number of things that we’ll use while we are here and at very reasonable prices. 

We the drove back to Tyson Wells Road to check out some of the new Vendors that were setting up shop as well as the Rock Vendors. She was looking for a Special Container for herself. Most had lots of Natural Crystals and Fossils along with Polished Minerals. We finally met a vendor that we’d spoken to last March and with a few pleasantries he showed Kathy a number of Special Containers made from Stone. One was Too Big the other was Too Small but the last one was Just Right making it perfect for what Kathy needed. 

We continued walking around the Vendors getting some needed hardware at K&B Tool. While I brought our loot back to the Truck, Kathy checked out the Women’s Apparel Tents. When I returned we wandered over to a vendor that had some beautifully tooled Leather Purses that Kathy checked out before we started walking towards the gate. Kathy spotted what appeared to be a Levi Jacket in Potlikker’s and she insisted that I try it on. Being a bit snug she had me try a size larger and it was perfect. The best part is this Jacket is lined so I can still keep warm even with my Raynaud’s

It was just about 4:00 by that time and Kathy suggested we go back to Taco Mio’s to try their Fish and Chips. It was Ocean Bass and tasted wonderful. They didn’t pile on the Fries like lots of other places do and their Cole Slaw had a unique taste that was very pleasing. We were both surprised that when the waitress asked if we wanted more fish we both said yes. It was that good and reasonably priced. 

Back Home after getting everything inside I transferred the remaining Freshwater from our Barrel to the Trailer. Unlike the Windstorm we had a few days ago there wasn’t that much dust in the air until this evening. We won’t have a problem sleeping tonight with the 30 MPH Wind rocking the trailer and the temperature is supposed to hit the Freezing Mark for the next two nights. 

We have lots of Calls we can make tomorrow so we can make progress while sitting still. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Joking is undignified; that is why it is so good for one's soul.

G.K. Chesterton, English Writer

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if Quiet Times was still accepting packages. Good to know, thank you for the information. Nice sunrise and sunset pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that many RVs around, they are smart to accept packages. I'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q is a great place to be when you are doing projects because you can find anything you want. But like you, I am so busy going to town looking at things, I find it hard to get my projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seemed to find just about everything you need in the tents and stores. Stay warm it sure is cold here too. I have already put the faucets to dripping so I don't forget and have a problem with the hard freeze tonight

    ReplyDelete