It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Getting A Good Look At Things and Our Order Is In.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

Managing to get a couple more hours of sleep last night my back told me it was time to get out of bed at 7:30 MST this morning. I managed to see a sliver of the Sun just before it slipped behind a heavy cloud cover that would be around the entire day. We had talked about what we wanted to accomplish before we went to bed so I immediately got caught up on my morning reading before we had our breakfast. 
The only Sunshine I saw today.
Kathy would later say that she slept like a rock but didn’t wake up until I lit the stove again at 8:30 and she didn’t mind being awakened because timing was important. After we ate a lite breakfast Kathy then headed to her Computer with her Tea I left my Coffee to cool on the table while getting my indoor chores completed.

It was close to 9:30 when I headed outside with the intention of filling our Fresh Water Tank. Hauling our Fresh Water Barrel in the back of the truck I kept my speed down to a crawl. With the lack of Rainfall the area has had this year even just walking on the paths causes a cloud of dust to kick up. I spoke with Randy who was down from Oregon. Looking at our Truck he was thinking of upgrading his truck to a Diesel but didn’t want to get into the ones using the DEF because of all the stories that he’s heard about them. He’s been coming to this area for the last ten years and wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Back Home while I started transferring the water to the Trailer Kathy came outside to start cleaning Windows. Even though she had already cleaned the inside of the trailer she didn’t appreciate looking through the same dirty windows we had when we left McGregor with back in November. She insisted on cleaning them herself even when it meant climbing the Seven Foot Step Ladder.

When we had checked the Inside Gauge last night it had indicated our 45 Gallon Fresh Water Tank was EMPTY. Since those gauges are far from accurate I didn’t believe we were that low. Filling our Fresh Water Barrel while it’s on its side generally holds just over 45 Gallons. Imagine my surprise when I found the Barrel completely EMPTY in the back of the Truck. Last winter most times we only needed half and our tank would start running out the overfill tube to the point that it would siphon water out of the Tank. When the Trailer was in for Warranty Service last summer they made an adjustment that seems to be working better.

I closed that up and was just about to start working on the Macerator when Kathy asked for help. Our Fridge was showing the “No LP” warning. I had just made certain both 30# Propane Tanks were Full along with our Spare Tank. We have an Automatic Switching Regulator that doesn’t seem to Automatically Switch and the Tank I pulled off today is at least Three Quarters Full. After changing that Propane Tank, we still needed to reset the Fridge so we are hoping that this is just a fluke.

With the Bicycle Carrier attached to the rear of the Trailer Kathy had only been able to get a small strip of the Rear Window cleaned. She can safely work off a Ladder but is not Sure-Footed when it comes to standing where there are open spaces near your feet. Having had to stand on very irregular worksurfaces throughout my career I had no problem stepping up to do that window for her. With the windows all cleaned outside Kathy headed in to clean the Windows on the inside.

Getting back to the Macerator I had to do some wiring because there are different ways to set it up depending on your personal preference and type of RV a person has. The closest Power Feed to the Waste Discharge in our Trailer is quite a distance so I had to add Twelve Feet of wire to the Macerator so we’ll be able to use it.

I had only begun doing that when I started feeling Lightheaded. Looking at my watch that I seldom wear I saw that it was nearly 1:00. Kathy had gotten so involved in cleaning the Windows that she didn’t think to look at the time even though she was also feeling Lightheaded. Feeling better after having lunch we both went back to our chores.

Around 3:00 Kathy came outside to read for a while. Even with the 70 F (21 C) the gust North Wind made it feel much cooler and if you were in the shade it was cold. For supper we grilled a Store-Bought Pizza on our Weber.

Since the only Sunlight we saw today was a dull glow from behind the heavy clouds we couldn’t get a Sunset Picture this evening. The bright side to that (Pardon the Pun) is that the overnight clouds will hold the heat in so it won’t be so cold outside.

After closing everything up outside I finally managed to find a replacement Phone for Kathy on Amazon. It and the rest of the things ordered should start arriving within the week. We’ll be using Quiet Times Greeting Card Shop as our mailing address any time that we need something shipped to us while in the Quartzsite area.

Not sure what we’ll be doing tomorrow. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Scratching is one of nature's sweetest gratifications, and the nearest at hand.

Michel de Montaigne, French Essayist

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get your Automatic Switching Regulator problems worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have to be handy to own an RV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good info on the mailing address. I didn't know you could do that!!

    ReplyDelete