It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Finding Out Why, Ordering Our Parts and Still Struggling With Internet.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

Last night while I was busy turning down the bed I took the time to add the Doubled Over Fleece Blanket on my side of the bed. As mentioned the other day as long as Kathy is covered by the Bedsheet she sleeps quite comfortably and is not cold. The times that I shared that Blanket with her I had to get up in the middle of the night to pick all the Blankets off the floor. The fact that I also have Raynaud’s Disease which is an Inherited Problem (Not Contagious) that causes Poor Blood Circulation in my Extremities causing me to feel the cold more then most people. The last thing I remembered before falling asleep was a sense of warmth and when I woke up this morning I just lay there feeling so comfortable I didn’t want to get up.

Kathy tried repeatedly to get On-line this morning but just can’t seem to get to her G-Mail, Facebook or Messenger. I have nearly everything that I need to add the 12 Volt Outlets to our Home but now we have a problem with our Weboost to deal.

I was busy sorting the Laundry while Kathy was getting dressed and ready to go. I even gathered both of our Computers to bring along so we could try to get connected in town. 
The Flags were flying straight today.
Out first stop in Quartzsite was the Main Street Laundromat connected to the Main Street Dinner. That was the first place we ate at in Quartzsite last December 1st and we ate there a few times after that and became friendly with Michelle the owner. Seeing the sign outside advertising Breakfast and Lunch but not Dinner Kathy suggested we go for an early Lunch. Michelle instantly recognized us and we started talking. She tries to hire people who will treat customers like guests as she does and will do what it takes to be certain they are not waiting for service. Now days most employees just want a Paycheque without putting too much effort into the job. After having a serious discussion with her Husband, they are now only offering just two meals a day which means that some of the food they offered before at Dinner Time is no longer being offered. We enjoyed our meals as always and we’ll be back. 
On our way out this morning.
The Main Street Laundromat was busy but there were available Washing Machines so I had no trouble getting the washing going. Kathy sat at the table reading until she didn’t see me standing by the Washers. That could only mean that I already had the clothes in the Dryers and she came over to sit with me. We learned last winter when in Quartzsite we work together folding the clothes.

After leaving there we stopped at the Vendor that had the Electrical Supplies we bought earlier this week but he didn’t have an Electrical Lug that I needed today.

We headed up to McDonalds where we purchased a Soda and what they call an Apple Pie so we could sit down inside and work on our Computers. I had both Computers On-Line in no time but McDonalds Internet Connection was through AT&T and it was slow. The update I was trying to do on Kathy’s Computer just would not load up so when we get our Weboost working properly I’ll do it then. I managed to connect my Computer to Kathy’s G-mail, Facebook and Messenger so she was able to get caught up at what is happening with our family.

Since we’ll be erecting our TV Antenna at the rear of the Trailer this winter it would be a problem to use our 18-Foot Long Windsock. There was a Vendor set up next door to McDonalds so we walked over and found something we’ll be able to see from a distance but is only about 4-Feet Long and it was reasonably priced.

Our next stop was back at RV Lifestyles to order the Reading Lights that we’ll use to replace the existing ones near our Computer Chairs. They’ll be here tomorrow morning. I checked about the Electrical Lug that I need and they recommended going to Discount Solar for it. I also looked at a couple of Water Valves that I may be finding a use for in a Future Modification
Our Nearest Neighbours Wayne and Sue in line with the mountain.
We stopped at Gamblers RV Supply only to find out that our Spare Stovetop Toaster won’t be in until tomorrow. 
There we are.To the right of center in the above picture.
We finally made it Home by 4:30 but got so involved putting our Laundry away that we missed the Sunset. Around 7:00 we finished the last of Kathy’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for supper. Kathy was able to get on Messenger this evening but can’t leave any Comments. Sooner or later we’ll get it all working properly. After running those errands tomorrow, we are hoping we can finally get settled in. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You were thinking about fishing during your marriage vows.

3 comments:

  1. I have a MAC computer and can never do updates on a MiFi. I always go to an Apple store and do it on THEIR internet service. It's much faster ... not that there's a store around there however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're having such continual internet problems!

    ReplyDelete