It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

More Gremlins, Things Taking Shape, Wonderful Meals and A Toasty Campfire.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

Waking up this morning I couldn’t hear the normal sounds coming from our Windsock that is located off the rear ladder to the roof or the Slide Covers.  As soon as I opened the Window Shades and looked in the direction of our neighbours across the wash I knew why it was so quiet. Their Flags and Windsocks were hanging limply by their poles without the least bit of movement.

After we finished eating our breakfast we settled in at our Computers doing what reading we could as we are still dealing with our MiFi Connection Issues. It’s strange how Kathy’s Computer won’t connect to her Facebook account but mine can. Since the Weather Network was displaying the temperature in Quartzsite at 46 F (8 C) and we were starting to feel chilled we cycled the Furnace. Since our Computers Batteries were starting to get low we also turned the Main Inverter on. Within minutes it was beginning not to feel warm but hot so I went to shut it off. When I pushed the switch to the Off position our Air Conditioner turned on. Kathy thought I had pushed the switch too far but it wasn’t. I hadn’t shut the AC Breaker since we left McGregor and because power was coming from the Inverter it started up. The Breaker was quickly shut off but there’s no reason it should have turned on with the Control Switch in the Off position. Another thing to be fixed next spring.

Though we both had things we wanted to do, we weren’t in a very big hurry to get outside. We both found things we needed to work on inside. Kathy had some rearranging to do in the Kitchen Cabinets while I made the Bed and I located an Over-The Counter Medication from our travel bag. Most RVers have Vent Pillows they use in their ceiling vents to keep the Heat inside or outside depending on what time of year it is. The bathroom vent in this trailer is very shallow and with the Knob for opening the vent most times we find the Pillow on the floor. That same vent is straight in line with my view when lying in bed so as soon as the night sky starts to brighten in the morning I see it no matter what the time. Taking the Pillow Cover off, I then marked the sponge with a Sharpie before using a Filet Knife and sliced half the thickness off the one corner. Now the Pillow stays in the Vent keeping our Heat in and the Sunlight out. 
Clear Blue Sky all day.
Kathy heated up some of the Penne She cooked up the other day for our lunch and added a Cherry Pastry for dessert. 

If you recall I had spotted a crack at the discharge end of our Waste Barrel and picked up a Flange yesterday to strengthen it with. Using the Tailgate as a Workbench for my tools. I figured it would take some doing to get the Tube out of the Barrel. Imagine my surprise when a simple Open-Handed Slap meant to see how solid it was actually caused the Tube to break free. Glad it wasn’t full!

With the Tube removed I needed to enlarge the opening to make the Flange fit. I was outside using my Jigsaw, Drill and Grinder when our neighbour Wayne came over to talk. He thought that I was running the Generator but couldn’t hear it. Everything was plugged in to our Main Inverter that was getting its power from the Batteries that were being charged by the Sun. He agreed with the Modification I was making to our Barrel
Getting ready for our Campfire.
Wayne also told us Information that I have never heard of before. I had told him about our not getting power to the Factory Installed 12 Volt Plug. I had also told him that our Converter has been turned off since January because the Sun has been charging our Batteries. His Information was that on Some Trailers there are some 12 Volt lines that will only work with the Converter turned on. Since I needed the Inverter at the time checking the Converter will have to wait until the morning. 

I managed to get the Hole enlarged and the old glue cleaned off the Tube.  In fact everything fit so tightly together that it could be a problem gluing it together. A bit more filing and it should be ready to permanently assemble. 

It was 4:15 when Kathy asked me to grill some Large Chicken Breasts. After I’d cleaned up and sprayed the grill with PAM cooking oil the Chicken was done perfectly in a half hour. Kathy had sautéed a Potato, Brussels Sprout, Celery and Onion dish on the stove as well as making Strawberry Short Cupcakes for our dessert. It all tasted wonderful as usual. 

While Kathy cleaned the kitchen and closed the Windows, I put my tools away outside and set up the Firepit for our first Campfire since we’ve been here. This was the first night with a 2 MPH breeze which meant we had a cloudless sky that gave us a moderate Sunset over the mountains. 

We enjoy talking by the fire and as it was starting to die down we were amazed that we could see the Red, White and Blue Flashing Lights of an Emergency Vehicle stopped on I-10 down by Dome Rock Road all the way from La Posa South LTVA. Turning around to look in the opposite direction we started seeing the sky filling with stars. We were also starting to feel chilled and could hear the Coyotes in the distance so we headed in. 
Love the way the flames reflect off the rocks.
I turned on the Front Security Light so I could put the chairs away and Kathy was amazed how bright it was. When we looked at the Clock it shocked us that it was only 6:45. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Critters that wander onto your property never wander off of it.

8 comments:

  1. Sure miss Quartzite, days go by so fast.
    Merry Christmas guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fire surrounded by the rocks sure looks nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have always enjoyed a fire at Quartzsite. Probably the only place where we set up one. News to me also that some 12 volt lines only work when the converter is on. I have found 12 volt lines in two of my last RVs where they have been powered but nothing attached to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my understanding, granted I'm a newbie, that the Converter is what runs everything if you don't have solar. In our rig that's how it works anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try keeping your eyes to the sky the meteors should be great at the moment. I think last night was suppose to be the best viewing. In the short time I was out there I saw 3 of them.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. One wonders if you can ever truly get all the bugs out of an RV. I'm happy if I can get to the 80% level... ;c)

    ReplyDelete