It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Change of Routine.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Since we’d gotten up earlier than normal for the last couple of days Kathy was feeling fairly worn out by the time we got home. Top that off with the radioactive injections she had been given both days it was only minutes after 10:00 last night when she was headed to bed. 

We had talked earlier about doing the laundry before we headed out on Friday morning. We also saw the weather forecasts indicating temperatures for the remainder of the week with Humidexes above the century mark again. Since there is no Air Conditioning in the laundry room I made a suggestion. After Kathy went to bed I sorted the laundry and had the clothes in the washers by 10:35. I needed to run an errand to the drugstore and was back within fifteen minutes. By 11:15 the clothes were all in the dryers so I returned to the apartment and completed my computer reading for the night. An hour later I was downstairs folding our clothes and there were other tenants doing the same thing.

I was in bed by 1:00 and finally started dozing off around 2:30. Being as tired as Kathy I was amazed that I just couldn’t get into a deep sleep. I repeatedly found myself staring at the clock throughout the night. By 8:30 I was up getting breakfast ready before Kathy woke up minutes later. She had slept soundly but remembered me kissing her on the forehead when I went to bed. She is still feeling worn out today. 

We finished our morning reading before moving on to getting other things prepared before we leave. I loaded a few things we’ll be bringing with us in the truck before checking for the mail. Those few moments that I was outside my shirt was quite damp. Since we won’t be here for the weekend I needed to prep our pill daucettes before we leave so I did that this afternoon while Kathy was on her computer. When she sat in the living room to read I got another good workout in this week.

When it came time for supper Kathy said it was too hot outside for me to be grilling on the Weber so she grilled a couple of turkey burgers on the stove and made a delicious salad to go with them. While watching the 6 o’clock News we could hear rumbles of thunder off in the distance but didn’t have any rain. 

Melissa had E-mailed Kathy earlier today saying she had to work late tonight so we’ll just see them next week when we return from Niagara Falls and the kids are all back to school. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

One volunteer is worth two pressed men.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea about the laundry. I'm not surprised other people had the same idea.

    ReplyDelete