It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Appointment, Research and Visiting.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we hate having to set the alarm for any reason we needed to do it last night. I tossed and turned just as if it were any pretravel night and begrudgingly woke to the alarm at 7:00. I’d managed to get my breakfast eaten and was about to get dressed when Kathy walked into the kitchen. Since she wasn’t accompanying me she’d slept fairly solid but what woke her was when she rolled over to find my side of the bed empty. 

My appointment with my Internalist was for 9:00 but driving in morning rush hour traffic was not an easy task. Putting up with drivers who are multi-tasking behind the wheel (Distracted Driving Illegal in Ontario), other driver’s in a hurry (Speeders) and the school buses (Constant Stop and Go) added to the challenge. I just kept my eyes on the road and the other drivers and still managed to arrive early with no additional pin-striping on the car. 

After checking in with the receptionist the doctor even called me in before my appointed time. In Ontario the medical profession is slowly changing all patient’s files to E-files. This will allow that if you were ever in an emergency situation doctors anywhere will have access to your medical history. Today I probably spent more time answering questions for the doctor that he already had on my written file just so he could put it on the computer without him looking it up than it took for my examination. The traffic was a lot lighter going home and Kathy was surprise when I walked in the apartment before 9:30. 

When I went to check for the mail at 12:00 I ran into Lynn who used to be our building manager until she retired last year visiting another friend in the building. We spoke for a short time and she suggested Kathy and I should come out to visit with her. After giving me her address and other information she had to run because she was late for a luncheon date. While Kathy and I had lunch we discussed what Lynn had told me about where she is living and how much less it costs compared to our apartment. Since we have moved in our rent has steadily risen and is getting to the point of being steep. Kathy spent the remainder of the afternoon online investigating this option. 

Since this is Wednesday after having supper we headed out to Amherstburg to visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. We talked about Cameron and Matthew’s first week of being back to school and how they are doing. We even talked about a possible move and discussed the pros and cons about it. By the end of the evening we still managed to find something to talk about that brought out the laughter in everyone. 

Back at the apartment Kathy started doing more research and the bottom line is that as good as Lynn had made it sound it would not be a practical move for us at this time. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken by Kathy
in North Carolina.


Krackers

What goes tick, tick, woof?


A Watch Dog.

1 comment:

  1. We like our accommodations better than we have ever had, everything we need and very reasonable, no city traffic or pollution most of the time.

    ReplyDelete