It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Twelve Gallons Down.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We both managed to sleep soundly until slightly after 8:00 this morning. That was good that we slept soundly but bad because of the time. Due to the extremely warm temperature we were expecting today we had an errand to run before it got too hot later in the morning. It didn’t take us long to eat breakfast and be out the door without even looking at our computers. 
The sky was much clearer than this picture this morning. 
By 9:00 we were already arriving at Guardian Storage where we park our trailer when not on the road. Having done this often enough we knew what had to be done and just went about it without any discussion. After I activated the power Kathy opened the slides on the trailer. Once the propane was activated she also turned on the fridge so it would be cooled enough for our food tomorrow morning. I needed to replace some containers in the basement that I’d removed while Kathy put away the clothes we’d brought from the apartment. I’d just finished reinstalling the Road Debris Brush on the truck when Kathy started closing up the trailer. The entire time we were at the trailer was only fifteen minutes and even though we were drinking water to keep hydrated our clothes looked more like we’d just poured the water on ourselves.

On the way home we made a quick stop at Princess Auto in hopes that I could find some metal that I thought they sold. I made certain to drop Kathy off as close to the door as possible to protect her from the heat. Unfortunately the size of metal I needed was out of stock.

Back at the apartment again I dropped her close to the door. It felt so good to be in the Air Conditioning to cool down and we accomplished that while catching up on our morning reading. With my reading finished I needed to get freshened up for an afternoon appointment while Kathy got our lunch ready. We reviewed our plans for hitting the road in the morning while we ate and cleaned the dishes.

I managed to arrive early for my 1:00 appointment at the Canadian Blood Services building. Surprisingly people are starting to realize the importance of donating blood especially before a long weekend and the place was packed. The people that work at that location have gotten to know me so well they ask about our travels and even talk about their own. Today was my 96th donation and one of the volunteers kidded me about being Twelve Gallons Down (96 pints = 12 gallons).  It’s a good feeling to know that I’m helping strangers in a time they really need it.

By the time I left the clinic the sky was black to the north and I still had a stop to make. I stopped at Border City Steel where I found the piece of metal I’d been looking for earlier. Another good thing about finding it there was the cost difference. It cost only twenty-five percent of what it would have cost at the other store. 
Our afternoon sky was much more threatening than this.
By the time I got back to the apartment the lightning was filling the sky and the rain was coming down in sheets. The rain hasn’t stopped since it started. Hopefully there won’t be too big a pond around our trailer when we pull out in the morning. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken in 
North Carolina.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your best pick-up line for women is written on your baseball cap.

2 comments:

  1. No rain here in Grimsby, you should be good for the weekend in the Fakks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing you are doing Rick. Twelve gallons down is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete