It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pictures, Phone Calls and Downloads.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

My hopes of a restful night were only partially realized last night as I would sleep for an hour and spend an hour awake. This process continued until after 8:30 this morning when I noticed Kathy was no longer in bed. Surviving on a restless pattern of sleep like that leaves you feeling drained with very little energy throughout the day but what I refuse to do is to allow myself to take a nap during the day in an attempt to make myself sleep at night. 

The Weather Channel showed a very bleak picture for our area for today and a continually dipping temperature for the next week. Today’s temperature barely made it past 50 F (10 C) with the northwest winds that brought periods of rain throughout the day. 

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post Kevin and Melissa were very happy with the edited pictures that I showed them of Cameron. So after doing my morning blog reading I set out to make some 5”x7” prints for them which will allow them to finally change Cameron’s school picture after all these years. 

I also spent time on the phone with our phone provider Bell questioning unwarranted charges to our account. Neither Kathy nor I text and we were suddenly being charged for texts that Bell was sending to our Turbo Hub as well as Data usage on the Turbo Hub through the month of September that shouldn’t be there. Once that was resolved and we’d had lunch I was in search of finding someplace to get both the car and truck Oil Guarded thus preventing unnecessary rust damaging our vehicles and making them last longer. 
I also had to run the New Windows 8.1 update on Kathy’s new laptop. I was told it would just appear asking if we wanted it like most upgrades do but that was not correct. I called Cory at SX-Video in Essex asking why it wasn’t starting. I was then told to go to the Microsoft Store for the free update and that it was a lengthy process. As soon as I clicked on it to download things started happening. The only problem is that probably another million people had the same idea to download Windows 8. The process just dragged on as a fact nearly seven hours later the process is still not completed. 

For supper we enjoyed a wonderful sirloin tip roast that Kathy cooked in the Crock Pot today along with her own version of roasted potatoes along with a Taco Salad. Tomorrow the weather and temperatures are looking to be a bit more promising so we’re hoping to finish our chore on the car early in the day. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

Policeman: "I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock you up for the night."

Hooligan: "What's the charge?"

Policeman: "Oh, there's no charge - it's all part of the service."

2 comments: