It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Appointments and Computers

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

After not sleeping too well yesterday I figured I’d sleep like a rock last night. Boy was I wrong! I spent most of the night thinking of trivial things that I had resolved years ago. So by the 7:30 this morning I might have gotten three hours of sleep if that and the reason for that was in my subconscious I knew that I had a 9:15 doctor’s appointment at the Sleep Disorder Clinic. If I would have had an afternoon appointment I would have slept undisturbed. 

After coffee and cereal for breakfast I spent a few more minutes storing the loaner CPAP machine for travel. Today’s CPAPs have built in computerized memories so while I was filling in the necessary paper work the receptionist simply plugged the machine in to a computer where she was able to print out a sleep graph for the doctor to analyze. Dr. Deny even asked Kathy a few questions about my sleep patterns and habits which is something no patient with Sleep Apnea can answer on their own behalf. By 10:00 we were already at VitalAire bringing in the prescription just issued by Dr. Deny. 

A few days ago I had another problem with the sudden return of pain in the incision of the Hernia operation I had back in June. So Kathy and I went back to the surgeon’s office where by explaining the problem the receptionist was able to schedule an examination appointment for the 21st of this month. 

Back at the apartment I called SX-Video to see if the computers were ready for pick up and they were. So after lunch I packed up my PC before we headed to Essex. Cory immediately took my PC back to the workbench to make the modification I’d requested while I took the new and old laptops out to the truck. Cory had removed the hard-drive from Kathy’s old PC and then installed it into my tower so that I’d be able to put documents on the smaller hard-drive while using the larger one for strictly storing photographs. 

We were back home by 1:30 and the first thing we had to do was to kill two more Yellow Jackets. This is really beginning to get old especially for a building that is just over thirty years old. Then after a second trip to the truck all the computers were inside and it was time to make them operational. This was quite a challenge for me working on four computers all with different operating systems XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. This is a time that I wished I had more knowledge of computers than I do but I did manage to get them all connected to the internet. 

There is only one problem that we need to take care of on the new Windows 8 laptop tomorrow. For supper I grilled a couple of nice steaks on our Weber Q while Kathy cooked up some Mac and Cheese and Brussels sprouts to round off our meal. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your kids’ favorite bedtime story is Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence.

1 comment:

  1. I was the technology integrator for our school district. Four computers at one time is just about unheard of.

    I love that Eagle photo. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete