It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chores, Appointments and More Visiting.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

With each passing day we are slowly accomplishing things that need to be completed before we head south and because of that other things have to take a back seat until we can get caught up. I slept like a log and refused to get up at 6:00 when I first woke up. By 7:30 I knew it was time to start moving because today I had to catch up. As soon as Kathy heard the coffee maker click off she was right behind me and shortly after 8:00 we were finishing breakfast. 

My chore today was the laundry but not just what had gathered over the week since I’d last done it but the bed linens, bath towels, my dirty coveralls and other things we’d taken from the trailer to wash up. By the time I had sorted everything and started the washers it was 9:20 and I had six washer loads going. 

This gave me time to head back to the apartment to remake the bed with fresh linens. Great timing. By the time I had finished that chore it was time to go switch the clothes to the dryers. I rearranged things and even though it cost me time I had everything down to four dryers and I was back in the apartment by 10:10. 

Kathy had gone out to the truck to do some cleaning and to replace labels we have on the dash. After two years they begin to fade so she simply replaces them. These labels contain the dimensions and weight of our rig as it goes down the road so we don’t panic when we see a bridge height sign or load weight. We also have the license plate numbers of both the truck and the trailer as we are asked those questions often when we are crossing the international border between Canada and the US. 

We discussed a few calls that I needed to make after I would complete the laundry. Since we were busy we had a Quaker Oats snack bar to tide us over until lunch which was still a ways off. Before heading back to the laundry room I used Mapquest to research a possible change of route while in Florida this winter. 

When I returned with all the clothes folded at 12:20 Kathy had just finished making lunch. So like the entire morning it just seemed everything was moving nonstop. As soon as we were done eating I placed a call to J & J SUNSHADES in Lake Wales, Florida. Last winter we had purchased a Sunscreen from them at the Tampa RV Show and since they wouldn’t have it finished before the end of the show they shipped it to the next camp we stayed at. 

I called to see if they would by chance also make a storage skirt for the front of our trailer. Tina said they didn’t but took my phone number and said she’d call a couple of places for me and would call me back within fifteen minutes. True to her word she called back giving me the name of a couple of businesses that could do the job. So if you need a special Sunshade or Ground Mat try J & J SUNSHADES and you won’t be disappointed. 

I then called Ard’s in Lakeland Florida and spoke to them explaining that a generic storage skirt from Camping world would not work because of the Aerodynamic design of the front cap of our trailer. We discussed that I also wanted more fasteners to attach it to the trailer and a fill-in panel across the front of the trailer to keep rain spatter and dirt from blowing in. We now only have to call the week before we arrive in February for our custom made storage skirt. 

Soon after we left for Amherstburg because Kathy had to go to the dentist for 4:00. Of course it only took a half hour and we were on our way to McDonald’s for supper and a few more Monopoly game pieces. After a quick stop at Walmart we were headed to Kevin and Melissa’s for our Wednesday night visit. We were kicking ourselves because we forgot to bring the pictures of Cameron that I’d made for them. As usual we had an enjoyable visit accompanied by a lot of laughs. 

Tomorrow we have a morning appointment at our apartment so I wonder how we’ll sleep tonight. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

The cumulative time that office workers spent stuck in elevators in the last twelve months:
 Philadelphia….1.7 years
 San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose….1.4 years
 Detroit….1.1 years
 Seattle/Tacom.…1.0 year

IBM Smarter Buildings Study, 2010

3 comments:

  1. You guys had a busy day. I don't think I've ever done that many loads of laundry at one time ... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, having those stickers on the dashboard. I must put that into practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stickers come in handy we have has them on all our rigs takes the guessing out of things that could cause trouble.

    ReplyDelete