It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Appointments, Errands With a Visit and Chores.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Kathy went to bed early last night because she was not feeling well. She had a scratchy throat and was starting to feel achy as well. Because of her weak immune system she figured she got too close to someone yesterday that was carrying a Flu Bug or had a cold.  My new CPAP worked so well that when my eyes opened and the clock read after 8:30 I knew it was time to get moving. Within minutes I had started breakfast so that I’d get a chance to eat before my appointment. Kathy of course being a real trooper insisted on getting out of bed and having breakfast with me. 

Seconds before I walked out the door the Weather Channel was showing the actual temperature to be above freezing but with the wind chill it felt like it was below. My appointment was for an Ultra Sound to find out if I might have reinjured the hernia that was just repaired surgically this past summer. Stay tuned when I get the results on Halloween Day. 

Back at the apartment Kathy was feeling better and figured she’d come for a ride and to walk around the few stores I needed to go to. First we had drop off some papers we needed to sign at the TD Bank which will make things easier when we are travelling down south. Then I needed to go try a couple of keys that we had cut the other day and I was totally surprised when they worked the first time out. 

Now we were headed to Princess Auto so I could pick up some welding cable that was on sale for the trailer. While we are in Florida this will give me a project to do. The purpose is to run the cables through the vents of the trailer to the roof from the battery compartment. In a few years I will be installing solar panels and this is getting the foundation laid for when that happens. Before we left the store with our purchase we ran into Moe who I worked with for over thirty years. Since Kathy and I hadn’t spoken to him or his wife in over a year it took over a half hour or more of catching up before we parted ways. 

It was now past noon so we stopped at Taco Bell while using a coupon we both ate for ten dollars but the young lady at the cash was new and our meal rang up to $385.93. Imagine the shock on Kathy‘s face. Her manager helped her to correct the situation. 

We stopped at Home Depot where I purchased a drawer for another project we are planning for the trailer. Lastly before heading back to the apartment we stopped at Eletrozad where I purchase a power block that I’ll be using when I run the cables for the solar system to the roof. 

By this time Kathy was needing a Snap when we got back to the apartment. That never happened because when I opened my folded coveralls to go work under the truck a dust storm erupted. I managed to finish the work on the truck I had planned but Kathy was busy cleaning up the dust cloud that I’d inadvertently created thus missing her Snap. 

Tomorrow our RV friends George and Suzie will be starting their Snow Bird trek south for the winter. They do know they are making us jealous but hey our time will come soon enough. Like all the other Snowbirds heading south we pray they have an awesome time. 

For supper we finished the last of the Corned Beef that Kathy had made the other day and it was just as tasty. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

There are big rigs named after your sister.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout Rick, travel along with us, we will take a leisurely trip to the American south west. Just to be moving again.
    We put our solar panel on 7 years ago and just love the freedom that we have with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The solar will sure be a nice addition to the 5'er. Like the way you always plan things out so well. Hope Kathy continues to feel better.

    ReplyDelete