It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 21, 2013

Appointment, Computers and Phone Calls.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

It just seems that if I know I have an appointment in the morning my sleep through the night will be broken. At least I fell back asleep but by 8:00 I just knew it was time to get moving and then it hit me. I’d forgotten to do our pill Daucets last night. By the time I had the coffee started Kathy was walking into the kitchen and I was in a crunch. Solution was to make breakfast and then do the meds. After eating Kathy headed to the computers while I spent the next hour taking care of my chore that I’d forgotten about last night.
Shortly after 10:00 we were headed in a light drizzle to go to VitalAire so I could get my replacement CPAP machine. I had packed up the loaner to return and was quite pleased that the new machine was made by Resmed. Jordan the person that walked me through the functions of the machine was very thorough and really amazed me as to the improvements that have been made in the last seven years. This machine is computerized and if I start having problems with my Sleep Apnea I just have to bring in the Memory Card and the doctor doesn’t have to have me back in for another sleep over. There are so many functions that I can now control it was like a car salesman walking you through a new vehicle.
We then stopped at Happy Heals which is a foot care clinic so we could make an appointment for Kathy. She is still having issues with her toe nail and since she is Diabetic it is covered under our medical plan. The nurse will actually come to our apartment and take care of Kathy’s feet right there.
Our next stop was at Staples looking for a laptop tray but walked out empty handed. We stopped at Walmart where again we were unsuccessful in our search. While there we stopped at the McDonald’s where we had Chicken Nuggets for lunch and collected a few more Monopoly pieces.
We went to the west end of Windsor to a place called Computers for Kids to drop off an old computer monitor, keyboard and used cell phones. This charitable organization recycles used computers into community centers for underprivileged kids that would otherwise not have access to a computer to learn on. They keep the E-waste out of the landfills and what cannot be used they recycle. The money they make from the recycling helps to cover the cost of the operation and is manned strictly by volunteers.
We again stopped at three more places looking for the laptop tray before we finally settled for a second best to resolve the issue. After a stop for a coffee at Tim Horton’s we went to Windsor Starter so I could purchase some cable lugs for when I make the new battery cables for the new batteries we’ll be adding to the trailer.
Back at the apartment there was a sudden deluge of phone calls from places I’d stopped to get information from. For supper we simply had Mac & Cheese with roast beef sandwiches. Tomorrow we still have an appointment but hopefully there won’t be any rain so that should make things a little easier to deal with. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

Patient: "I only seem to get fat in certain places, doctor.

 What should I do?"

Doctor: "Stay out of those places."

3 comments:

  1. Always something to do, when did we ever have time to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a full day. That's wonderful that someone can come to the house to take care of Kathy's feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another busy day and always frustrating when you are looking for something and can't find it!

    ReplyDelete