It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Celebrating Thanksgiving.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

As hoped for we were in bed early in another attempt to catch up on our lost sleep. I did manage to look at the clock near 6:00 with no light coming in the window yet so I thought that I’d get a few more minutes of sleep. It felt like I blinked my eyes when I looked at the clock again and it read past 8:00 with sunlight streaming through the drapes. Within minutes Kathy woke as well and it felt like we were both hung over without having touched a drop. 
Grandson Cameron just watching the others playing outside.
Once breakfast was over we headed to the computers to get our morning reading completed then Kathy returned to the kitchen to finish baking for our family Thanksgiving Dinner later this afternoon. I went from reading to continuing my work on both Kathy’s laptops. It seemed that whatever I’d accomplish on one computer was a bust on the other and yet I did make some progress on both. 
The Grands Tyler, Kylla and Matthew.
I managed to take my morning shower and shave before having lunch so that I’d be able to give some help to Kathy as she decorated the different cupcakes that she’d made moments before. With lunch completed I started washing the dishes as Kathy started filling the Lemon Cupcakes. As I progressed she started her Coconut Snowball Cupcakes. By the time the dishes were caught up she started decorating the Chocolate Cupcakes and I started packing the cake box to transport them in. 

Now it was Kathy’s turn to jump in the shower to freshen up while I went out to the truck. I needed to reorganize the back seat storage area and to prep the truck for transporting all the sweets this afternoon. 

Enjoying the late summer weather this late into October added to the celebration making it truly a day to be Thankful for. Kevin was introduced to playing catch with Sanford in the back yard. We also shared our meal with a friend of Greg’s Joe who recently moved to the area and had no family nearby to enjoy a meal with. Joe works for the Windsor Fire Department as a Fire Fighter so we got to hear how they survive meal wise while on duty. Of course there was way too much wonderful tasting food that I think I’ll need to start dieting tomorrow so I’ll be ready when Christmas rolls around in 73 days. 

Joe felt like part of the family.
Tomorrow may officially be our Canadian Thanksgiving but US businesses will still be open and I’ll try to learn more of what is happening with our trailer. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

What did the pencil say to the eraser?

Take me to your ruler.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Those were good-looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving always for to get together for a feast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have Joe join y'all.

    Great job on the cupcakes, Kathy!

    Looks like another wonderful day for making tons of memories. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving. Looks like a pretty awesome meal you shared with family yesterday. We all have much to be thankful for. Especially Kathy's cupcakes I would think...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, looks like you all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete