It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Murphy Times Two or Three or Eight.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Not wanting a repeat of the last Two Nights, I was careful to take my full Nighttime Mickey before going to bed. Since we needed to get an early start I thought it wise to set the Alarm earlier than we’ve been experiencing Power Flickers, again the last Two Days. Thinking I’d also get an early start on something else I changed my Pajamas only to get tangled in my shirt, because it was Two Sizes Too Big.

We didn’t have to worry about the 8:00 Power Flicker, because we were up before that and the Power had gone out for nearly a Minute at 5:00, leaving the Two of us gasping for air.

After a lite breakfast we were out the door to run some errands. Since we stuck around the Apartment, waiting for the Electricians to return yesterday, we wanted to be at the Credit Union when they opened at 9:00 this morning. When we arrived, we found a new list of operating hours, showing they now don’t open until 9:30.

That’s when Kathy realized she had forgotten her Hearing Aids, so with time on our hands we returned to our building. I dropped Kathy at the Front Eentrance and after she retrieved her missing items, joined me at the Back Entrance. Suddenly there was non-stop traffic, making getting back on the road a challenge.

We were back at the Credit Union for the second time with minutes to spare. It seemed after I got in, a line suddenly formed to the door. I needed a Cashier’s Cheque for the Accountant, because they didn’t have any way of taking Credit or Debit Cards. Using the information that Noah had given me, the Cheque was made fairly easily.

Since we were early, the Receptionist processed us quickly. There was a question she could not answer and had to call the Accountant at the Main Branch.

On our way home, we had just finished parking the Car when we got a call from the same Receptionist at the Accountant’s Office. Noah had given me the wrong information and the Cheque was made out to the Wrong Company. Unless we corrected it, they would not E-File our Returns.

We drove back to the Accountant’s Office for the second time today, where Kathy retrieved the Cheque.

Returning to the Credit Union for the third time today. They had no problem depositing the one Cheque and making another.

Minutes later we were back at the Accountant’s Office for the third time today, where Kathy ran it in. If I had gone in there, I might not be writing this.

We stopped at Burger King for Whopper Wednesday lunch. It filled the empty spot but I was probably hotter than the Fries.

We went to the Jackson Park Medical Center for an appointment with our Optometrist. You need to purchase a Parking Pass using machines that make your Blood Pressure climb higher than it is. Kathy was wondering what was taking so long and came over to see. It took Eight Attempts before it issued my Parking Pass, while using the same method of payment.

Inside I related to the Receptionist what had just happen. She then said something that made me even hotter and it wasn’t at her. Both our Eyes tested perfect, Thanks to having Cataract Surgery in 2018. Outside at curb level on the bottom of the Parking Machine was a small sticker that read, “Patrons with Handicap Stickers Park for Free.” When you are concentrating on a Touch Screen, you are not looking at your Feet.

Kathy stayed home while I went to the Wyandotte Chiropractic Center. Richard said I was all Knotted Up. (I wonder why?)

We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Vegetarian Pizza for supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think the O.J. trial was about the big Sunkist and Minutemaid taste test feud.

No comments:

Post a Comment