It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Stubbornness and Arthritis.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Those of you that have been reading about my changing the Medication I take to help me sleep, have been wondering why. One of the reasons, is that I don’t want to become dependant on them and I don’t want to go too far. Another reason is that anything we put into our bodies passes through our Livers and it can only take so much.

There is another reason, and my Sister Anna will laugh when she reads this, it’s Stubbornness. Before I started school, whenever I injured myself, my father told me to keep going beyond the Pain. With time I would later visit the Doctors only to be told not to do it. I once tore all the Ligaments in my ankle, but dragged my foot Two Miles, for another Hour to complete my Paper Route. I hobbled into the Emergency Room at the Hospital, with a Rusty Spike through my foot, that still had a piece of rotted wood attached. Sound close to what I was doing, when still working?

Even with that lack of sleep we were finishing our Pastry by 8:30 this morning, and taking our Coffees to the Computers. I found a Comment that showed Twice, so I went to remove one. Suddenly there were Thirty that I had to get rid of. Reviewing the Comments in the Dashboard part of our Blog I found more of the same, on other posts. Two Hours later I think I got all that SPAM.

The Sun actually appeared for a Half Hour, but by the time we finished lunch it was gone.

With the bouts of Rheumatoid and Osteoporosis Arthritis that Kathy gets in her Hands, we’ve found that by wearing Compression Gloves eases a lot of the Pain. Somehow she lost her Glove, so after searching the entire Apartment, we did the same to the Car. With no Luck, We headed to Shoppers Drug Mart, Dollarama and Walmart, only to find they were all sold out. We finally stopped at Showcase (As Seen On TV) at the Tecumseh Mall, to get the last one available.

If you think I’m stubborn, Kathy is in Constant Pain with her Hands, that’s Stubborn!

We stopped at Tim Horton’s and used a Gift Card to buy our supper. We had Grilled Caesars Wraps, a Donut and Coffee.

Kathy’s hands are feeling better with the Gloves and I’ve already taken the full amount of Medication to help me sleep. After having spent another sleep starved night, I’m trying hard to break that Stubborn Streak and take care of myself, like I take care of Kathy.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.”

Alexander the Great, king of the ancient Greek

3 comments:

  1. Dang you Canucks are tough! ... and/or stubborn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the old paper routes! I delivered papers myself Rick, as a matter of fact I delivered four different papers that included the small Grit paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Stubborn gets you only so far. Not just a Canadian thing, but a Texan thing too. Hope you have some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete