It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Kathy Insists On Helping.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Before going to bed last night I took one of the new Prescribed Night-Time Pain Medications. Not only did I sleep much better, but I managed to sleep in this morning.

After my First Retirement, I was busy redoing things around our Home so it could be put on the Market. The idea was to get an apartment so we could travel in our RV during the Winters. After our move I had little to do and Kathy insisted on doing the meals, cleaning and laundry. My question was what would I do if something happened to her. She taught me to the point that I took over doing the Laundry for over Twelve Years. I’ve even teaching a number of young people how to fold clothes.

After I sorted and pretreated today’s Laundry, I was struggling to get out the door, when Kathy insisted she was going to assist me. Whenever we have gone to Laundromats especially when we traveled, she has always helped. With the recent upgrade to the building’s Laundry Room, she would be lost and with my Upcoming Surgery, she’ll need to take over for a bit.

You need a Fob just to get inside, then loading the Washers is not as easy as it used to be, because everything is Computerized. I had to teach her how to add cash to the Card, then use it to run the Washers and Dryers. It reminded me how I felt figuring all that out.

I appreciated all her help, but my Hip/Leg was objecting. Back at the Apartment we sat for a bit, before putting things away.

We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Chicken Pizza for supper, while watching the 6 o’clock Local News. The forecast is for Above Freezing Temperatures that will be filled with Rain. Looking forward to Spring in Fifty-Five Days.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did one volcano say to the other?


 “I lava you!”



2 comments:

  1. These hi tech laundromats with card payments eliminate the pesky coin exchange, but also makes it easy for the company to raise prices. I'm sure Kathy won't have any problems using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important for both husband and wife to know what the other one does. My hubby knows NOTHING about our finances. Doesn't want to. So I have written everything down. His older daughter and my younger daughter have information on everything. I don't worry about him keeping house, etc but I do about the financial side of things. You are wise to give Kathy lessons and she is wise to be willing to learn.

    ReplyDelete