It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Never Thought It Would Come To This.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After having a really good night’s sleep on Tuesday, using the full Medication Mickey, I thought that it had to be the New Medication doing its job. So last night that was all I took before going to bed. Was that a Mistake. After Two Hours of staring at the ceiling in Pain, I had to take some ZzzQuil in order to finally get some sleep. Waking later than I’d hope for, I at least felt rested.

I was no sooner out of bed when Kathy sprung into action, thinking that she’d slept in. We settled for Coffee and a Muffin before checking what was needed on the Computers.

Looking out the Balcony Door, we could only see half way down the street behind our building, but there was very little of the White Stuff left in the area.

We were out the door shortly after 11:00 heading to the nearby Service Ontario building. Having to park close to the far end of the parking lot was not what I needed with the insistent Pain I felt. I never thought it would come to this but after handing over my Doctor’s Form, it was only Ten Minutes later, that I walked out with a Temporary Handicap Parking Sticker. Having seen people using those to park close to establishments and actually running in and out, I did not feel Guilty about this. I keep saying to people “I’m not dead yet”, when they were being courteous holding a door or stopping their cars for me to cross, I now apologize. The intensity of the Pain continues to increase the more I walk, but all the medical professionals say you need to keep moving. I just hope to hear from that New Surgeon soon. By the time we walked out, there was a line-up of people to the door.

We used a Coupon at McDonald’s for our lunch, before heading over to the Zehr’s grocery store. I even used one of the empty Handicap Parking Spots. We did not walk all the aisles, simply getting what was on our Shopping List. I had pointed out the price difference for Juice, so we went to Dollarama for it, before heading home.

With my mobility declining, it took longer to put things away. We settled back at the Computers before noticing how dark the room was getting. It was 4:10 and the Fog was so thick we could not see the Balcony Rail outside our Door.

We enjoyed Veggie Wraps for supper. The 6 o’clock Local News continues to forecast more Fog brought on by the moderate temperatures.

Tonight I will rethink which Medications will be taken, before going to bed.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think a strip joint is where they disassemble cars.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are in so much pain. I'm surprised it's taking so long to get surgical help.

    ReplyDelete