It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Drive-In With A Bang.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Yesterday, Mile had us put aside the Seven-Inch Left-Handed Feedscrew, we were about to weld on the Plasma Transfer Arc and load a Scrap Three Inch Unit, to experiment with. Since there was no Blueprint for that Screw everything had to be hand measured and calculated.

When he came around the corner this morning, I had sizes written over the entire thing, from Three Zones and Two Flight Widths. It surprised him that I was so thorough but it also scared him that a simple Test was being done on such a Complicated Feedscrew. He found a simpler Two Inch Unit, to use.

Sorough and I finished the set-up only to find the Propane was not coming through to the Burners. I suggested we check the Tank that had just been replaced Two Weeks ago.

I was leading the way towards the door when there was a Loud Explosive Sound, that shook the building from behind our Welding Shield. Before I could say anything Sorough ran past me out the door. There was no Flames, no more Noise, just a Cold Breeze. Myself and others went rushing past the Shield to see a Five Foot by Five Foot Hole in the Concrete Block Wall.

In a small Plant of this size everyone, even the office staff came out to look. That was when Rick the Driver came in saying, “I stood on the Brakes, but the Truck would not stop”. He was just going to bring it to a Mechanic, to have the Brakes repaired.

Sorough and I tossed all the broken Concrete through the opening, where a Local Contractor hauled it away. They also added a temporary, insulated patch to close the hole.

With my time remaining getting shorter, I brought Sorough over to the Inspection Bench to coach him through TIG Welding touch-ups. Out of the Two Hours we were there, I only welded for Ten Minutes, to demonstrate what he needed to do to improve his technique. He’s getting good with very little time.

With a Doctor’s Appointment for this afternoon, I punched out at noon. I let Mile know in advance and reminded him early this morning. He waved as I left.

I was home by 12:30 and after washing and changing we were soon out the door. We travelled to the west end Wendy’s where we had Burgers and Sodas for lunch.

At the Doctor’s Office we barely sat down, before being brought to an examination room. While we waited, Kathy kept having to give me a nudge or shake, to stop me from nodding off. George discussed the results of the X-rays from our last visit and issued some Antibiotics for Kathy’s congestion. After exchanging Holiday Greetings we’ll see him later in January.

We stopped at Canadian Tire to get Replacement Filters for our Humidifier that is only Three Years Old. Nothing on the shelves came close to what was needed. The store associate suggested trying Amazon.

That walking was enough to cause my Hip/Leg Pain to scream. I didn’t like to, but I had to let Kathy go in the grocery store by herself. She had to wake me when she came out.

Emergency Responders were very busy as we made our way home.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Where do computers go to dance?


To a disk-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment