It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Rainy Day, Still Slow Hard Drive, Rising Numbers and Hallmark Movies.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Again last night it was very difficult to make my Computer shut down which meant I got to bed a lot later then expected. Strangely I hardly tossed around through the night and still managed to sleep past 8:00 this morning.

Steady Rain.

What woke me up was the sound of something tapping away on our Bedroom Window. Being on the Eighth Floor I didn’t expect someone to be tossing pebbles that high to get our attention. As soon as the Balcony Blinds were open it was clear. It was Raining quite steady and it was being moved by Southeasterly Winds. It was dark enough that I needed the Light on to see clearly inside but when I used our Point-n-Shoot it looked fairly bright outside.

After checking out The Weather Network I started checking the Windsor Star on-line. What we had been hearing as hearsay was being confirmed to become a reality. The Windsor/Essex Area would be going back into Lock-Down Status effective this coming Monday in an attempt to bring the Coronavius Case Numbers down. That was causing everyone to flood the stores, to get Haircuts and finish their Christmas Shopping by the end of the weekend.

Fifteen Minutes after I opened the Bedroom Blinds I needed to return to Kiss Kathy to wakefulness.

At breakfast she admitted to having had a problem falling to sleep last night but once she did she slept like a rock.

The Rain continued through the morning which made us feel comfortable staying where we were. Rather then staying at the Computers we worked together making note of what Food Stocks we had and which we needed. We’ll try hitting the grocery store for a few more things because when we had the last shutdown there were a lot of them we had a hard time to get.

Kathy made Baked Beans on Toast for our late lunch while I was getting the Trash and Recycle ready to bring downstairs. She also made a dessert plate with Cookies, a Yogurt Cup and a Pear that we shared.

We had Sun.

Getting back to the Computers we were suddenly being blinded by the Sun. Moments after I got a picture to prove that it actually appeared heavy Clouds filled the sky only allowing occasional peeks of the Sun itself. The Temperature nearly set a record even with the high winds.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News we learned of 76 New Coronavirus Cases today we will definitely be stocking up before Monday. The Vaccines for the Virus should be available to Front-Line Workers starting next week then they will start with those living in Nursing Homes. For people like us it could be as late as April before it is available.

Kathy breaded then grilled Chicken Breasts while I created a Garden Salad as a side. It was like a celebration when we had our Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) as a drink that we topped off with the Hungarian Pastry that Vera sent home with us last night.

We later watched a couple of Hallmark Christmas Movies.

I’m still having problems with my Computer but will try clearing Search History and Defragging the Hard-Drive.

With our temperatures returning to Seasonal tomorrow we’ll find something to do. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Instead of “the John,” I call my toilet “the Jim.” It sounds better when I say I go to the Jim first thing in 

2 comments:

  1. I delete search history every time I close my computer down. Less trouble that way. I do remember the defrag running for hours when I had a windows machine. Hope that helps. I also clean out cookies constantly. That's another one that will slow you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's rain and not snow. Hopefully, by this time nest year Covid will be a memory. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete