It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Got Sleep, Talked To my Aunt and 1918 Pandemic.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Last night after taking Melatonin I surprised myself by being in bed before Midnight. I still recalled turning over a few times throughout the night but woke up feeling refreshed this morning. I had not even started getting things ready for breakfast when Kathy joined me. She turned the Lights on because the overcast sky just put a damper on things around us.

Notice  the White disappearing.

Looking at the vehicles in the parking lot you could see Frost on the Windshields. As the morning past it appeared hazy outside and by noon small patches of green were starting to appear.

We finished the Leftover Pulled Pork from Lou’s Kitchen on Hamburger Buns then topped it off with Cookies, Apple Sauce Cups and a Chocolate covered Mint Paddy for dessert.

Taking our beverages back to the Computers I got busy on the phone. Even though I had tried this morning I had not been able to reach my Aunt so this afternoon I called my Cousin. Jackie was out getting groceries so I talked with her husband Bill. He verified the Outbreak at the Home but assured me that she was doing fine. I explained about not leaving a message with her because our Answering System wasn’t working properly and if she called back chances were great that I might not be home. At least I knew she was safe and could try again.

When I called my aunt Anna’s number for the second time today she answered on the second ring. According to what she told me it was less then a week after Kathy and I had ridden our Tandem Bike to visit with her outside that the first patient was diagnosed with Coronavirus. That means they went into Lock-Down just on time for our Canadian Thanksgiving. That Patient was on the Second Floor in the wing farthest from my Aunt’s room. The residents are allowed out of their rooms for their meals that is served in shifts. That allows half the residents to Social Distance in the dining room. When they finish eating they leave and the Staff do a quick Cleanup/Disinfecting so the second group can safely come in to eat their meals. Even though she is not allowed to wander the halls between meals it is still better then the other home she was in.

When the other home went into Lock-Down back in March everyone was required to stay in their own room and no walking around. Your meals were delivered to you and the most you could do was look out your window. My Aunt’s window there faced an exterior Brick Wall. She wished us a Merry Christmas and hopes things improve enough that we’ll be able to visit again before the end of the year. It felt good just hearing her voice.

Afterwards I took care of the Trash and Recycle. Upon returning I sat down to finish entering our Purchase Receipts into our Expenditure Spreadsheet. If I had been doing that on a weekly or even monthly basis it would not have been so bad. Unfortunately being closed in seems to take any ambition I had left away.

Our 6 and 11 o’clock Local News were both pre-empted by Football Games.

We later watched a special about the 1918 Pandemic. Thinking of what is happening now it is like History repeating itself. There was a lesson that could have been learned back in March that could have saved Thousands of lives. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your wife gets a hunting license so you can tag your second buck.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to contact your Aunt it must have been worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your aunt is doing well, during these tough times. Confined to her room must have felt more like jail then care. Glad she can get about more now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that your aunt is doing well. You are a good nephew!

    I also watched the 1918 Pandemic special, and I concur there were a lot of lessons we could have learned that might have saved thousands of lives at the beginning of this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read your Aunt is okay and you got to talk to her.

    ReplyDelete