It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Another Minute, Cleaning, Trying To Cook and More Phone Time.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Finally getting a few nights of unassisted sleep I went to bed last night thinking I was on a roll. Once I’d gotten a couple hours of sleep I just could not settle down for the rest of the night. Staring at the ceiling for over an Hour my Back said it was time to start the day at 5:30. I had all my morning reading done on the Computer before Kathy joined me just after 8:00.

Having to keep the Lights on inside the Apartment to see what you are doing can start to wear on you. I considered that Essential Workers could be home for the Holidays and might take that time to get caught up on their own chores. With that in mind I decided it was time to do our Laundry. The first thing I did was to change the bedding.

Knowing that it would be some time before I returned Kathy made Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch along with a couple of Cookies for dessert.

I arrived at the Second Floor Laundry Room before 11:30 and had all the Washers to myself. Someone else already had Two Dryers in use but had stepped out. There are signs throughout the building warning you it is mandatory to wear Masks. Later as I folded the Clothes I cheated when I was alone and stole a drink of Water from my Bottle.

I made it back to the Apartment minutes after 3:00 to find Kathy had been busy cleaning and reorganizing. It felt refreshing to be able to breath without the Mask on. Once everything was put away I needed to sit. It was at that moment I noticed even though we never saw the Sun that our day was an entire Minute Longer. We are now Nine Hours and Six Minutes between Sunrise and Sunset.

Not wanting food we have in the Fridge to spoil I tried my hand at making a “Whatever Omelette” for supper. I finely chopped Celery, Onion and Sausage before sauteing them. After adding the Eggs to the Frying Pan I chopped some Cheddar Cheese to add to the top of the dish. It was decent but it didn’t have that Mmm taste it would have if Kathy had played with her Spices. We had an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they talked about the rising Coronavirus Cases and the upcoming Province Wide Shut-Down. It won’t affect our area because we are already in that stage.

Tomorrow will be the warmest day of the week with a high in the Mid-Forties but then we’ll see Flurries begin on Thursday just on time for Christmas on Friday.

I spent more time on the Phone with Tech Support trying to be able to get that Account for our On-Line Banking to work. These things are Case Sensitive and even though I enter it correctly when I hit continue it all turns to Upper Case and says I’ve entered it incorrectly. We tried it on Kathy’s Computer and got the same results. If these two are the cream of the crop we are all in trouble. It’s still not working.

Think we are going to the Storage Yard tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

There’s a new type of broom out.


It’s sweeping the nation.

6 comments:

  1. There's nothing more frustrating than not getting into your bank account. Who knows what's going on in there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just send all your money to me.... I'll look after it... HA HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure you should heed Gone Rogues advice 😀 Hope you have a White Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that since I have been reading your blog (about a year) you have had trouble accessing your bank account. It must be frustrating.

    Enjoy your snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh. Bank access account trouble. I do hope it can be solved tomorrow....with maybe, oh, let's say only one hour of being on the phone? As for the solstice, lots more sunshine here than there, but I am right with the Druids and would have been lighting a bonfire last night if I weren't so old. Even before people could measure minutes, they were measuring sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much more shut down can we go? Most of us are already there.

    ReplyDelete