It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Birthday Wish, They Didn’t Call, Quick Run and Warm Rainy Afternoon.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Thinking I could make up for the lost sleep from Monday night I actually made it to bed by 11:30 last night. I could not have been there for Five Minutes and I was asleep. For the next Two Hours I was in heaven. Then the tossing and turning started. By 2:30 the only thing I could do to ease my back pain was to go sit in my Recliner. I tried sleeping there but it didn’t happen. Two Hours later I slipped back in bed and my eyes didn’t open again until 8:30.

Just after 2:30 this afternoon.

I checked the Weather, the News, my E-Mails and was just starting to check Blogs when Kathy joined me. We talked about what we needed to accomplish before heading to the Computers. A little research confirmed what we needed to know.

Since the Pharmacy had not called to say our Medications had been processed I was about to start filling our Pill Doucettes for only Two Weeks. (That is what I use as a Buffer in case.) Instead I called the Pharmacy in Amherstburg just in case. To say that I was upset that the Medications were processed on Monday and nobody called like I had asked them to do would be an understatement.

Sitting down with my Coffee I called our daughter Rose to wish her a Happy Birthday. She had just finished feeding Three Month Old Mariam who we have yet been able to meet. We talked mostly about being in Lock-Down and how its affecting D.J.’s schooling which is all On-Line but keeping him focused is trying in itself. The School Boards expect kids to spend more time staring at a Computer Screen for more hours then they normally do in School and still learn. Yeah Right.

We talked with our Advisor to see how our savings were recovering after the problem we had with the Truck that had severely taken a bite out of them.

We had Italian Wedding Soup for our late lunch with Sugar Cookies and Apple Sauce Cups for dessert.

It was past 2:30 by the time we got out the door. Our first stop was Guardian Storage to collect our Mail. Even though the ladies that work in the Office were not there it appeared the Owner was working with Electricians on the Security System.

Remembering there was Construction on Walker Road that caused us major delays the last couple of trips we decided to take the Expressway as a quicker means of getting to Amherstburg. We had barely gotten onto 18 Highway when it started to Rain fairly steady. Even with that there were still cars flying by me and I tend to run the limit or slightly above when I’m not towing.

Due to the Lock-Down from the Coronavirus there were signs posted that no more then Three People were allowed inside at a time. Since it was still Raining when we arrived at the Pharmacy there was no one else around so it was a quick in and out.

We had wanted to stop in just to say hello to our Friends Jerry and Sandy but with the Rain and my lack of Sleep I needed to pass. We’ll try to get together after the New Year when hopefully things start to open up again.

The Rain continued until we reached LaSalle. The surprising thing was that even with all that Rain we reached a high temperature of 48 F (9 C) this afternoon.

Detroit River

We swung into the parking lot of the nearby Zehr’s grocery store to get a few things but when we saw the Socially Distanced line of Mask wearing people going around the corner of the building we kept going. I’ll make an early morning run tomorrow.

Back at the Apartment the first thing I did was to document all the Medications we had just gotten on the Spreadsheet that I use to know what we have and what is needed.

For supper I made Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Olives for garnishing along with Ginger Snap Cookies and an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert.

After rearranging the Table I started working on filling our Pill Doucettes for the next Forty-Five Days. While Kathy watched the 6 o’clock Local News I simply listened while accomplishing this chore. Three Hours later I was starting to clean up. There will be plenty of empty containers that will be recycled as soon as personal information is removed from them.

18 Highway heading for  Windsor.

Presently it’s Raining again and the Wind is gusting to Forty MPH. It should be changing the colour of the landscape by morning. Having a hard time keeping my eyes open now so I can only hope to sleep better tonight. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have all the "Dukes of Hazard" episodes on tape.

11 comments:

  1. I'm frustrated with the whole medical area including pharmacies. I had blood work and saw my doctor the beginning of last week. I called them on Tuesday for the results because I hadn't heard from them. Then they couldn't find the results. Like you I was not happy. They finally called yesterday and apologized. Same thing happened with my prescription. Forgot to send it in. Can you tell I'm frustrated.

    Sorry about the rant. I do hope you and Kathy have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, service went the way of the virus. It seems no one is paying attention any more. Sorry for all the tribulations!! Hope you both have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Kathy and you a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the strip mall pharmacy today and the line up from the grocery store ran right past it... and yep, most were wearing masks while standing 6 ft apart... what don't people get about either/or... that is the rule, wear a mask OR stay 6 ft apart. And when your in your car - by yourself, or walking along a country road with no one around for miles... no mask is required == your just rebreathing carbon dioxide - which incidentally causes many of the covid symptoms too... aargh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas from small town Kansas USA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At this time of year and especially with the Covid-19 situation many people are under stress, so its good that you forgave them. You accomplished your chores and can try to relax. Wishing you and Kathy a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both doing so well at handling all this Covid stuff. Such a difference from the freedom you have enjoyed over the past years while on the road. Wishing you a safe and Merry Christmas. Instead of visions of sugar plums, keep dreaming about your next road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, getting hard for a lot of people to avoid the stress of daily living. As they say One Day at A Time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you are having so many problems with your sleep pattern for some reason mine has gotten better.

    From watching TV I am seeing long lines everywhere in the country from lines to get into grocery stores, pharmacies, liquor as well as retail stores, and even to cross the border.

    ReplyDelete