It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 17, 2020

Early Workout, Family Day Holiday, 121st, and Frustrating Research.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After spending Sunday getting some of the other projects completed around the Apartment it was just too late to write the Blog. Mind you I don’t think painting and installing Shelving would make too many of our readers too excited. Strangely it did help us both to get some of the best sleep we’ve gotten in the last week.

Since Kathy needs more sleep then most I informed her before going to bed that there was a good possibility I would be gone early this morning. Rather then wasting precious time waiting for her to wake up I simply grabbed an Energy Bar for breakfast and headed out the door.

Being at Planet Fitness by 8:00 in the morning introduced me to a totally different group of like minded people. Between the Cardio and Weight Training alone I burned off nearly Two Thousand Calories and it was evident by the dampness of my clothes.

Once I had my shower and made it to the Car at 11:30 I called to be certain that Kathy was ready for me to pick up lunch. With a quick stop at Burger King I was back at the Apartment and we were having lunch before noon.

Kathy had once again been cleaning the Apartment and gathering the Trash. Now it was my turn to dispose of it. We spent an Hour getting caught up on the Computer that I hadn’t looked at earlier.

I needed to do my On-Line Questionnaire which took very little time to do but when I went to print my Quick Pass it would not happen. As soon as I checked Systems Settings I found the problem. I’ve mentioned before that every month Microsoft Office does an Update and when it does that I have a problem printing. The problem is called One Note that I have to delete from both our Computers to be able to use the Printer. The next Update it will be back again. Even after going through a list of things I could not get anything on my Computer to print.

Shortly after 1:45 we were on our way out again. By the time we arrived at Shoppers Drug Mart it was after 2:00. Today is a Provincial Holiday here in Ontario called “Family Day” which was created to give Families a Long Weekend between the Christmas Holiday Season and the Winter Break. We needed to get some Stamps but the in-store Post Office closed at 2:00 because of the Holiday. Better luck tomorrow because if One Location closed at 2:00 they all did.

Driving down Tecumseh Road one of the major arteries in the city it was noticeable just how many businesses were closed so we headed over to the old Red Cross building on Grand Marais. We checked out VitalAire only to find them closed. We had hoped to order another CPAP Mask for Kathy as a backup for when she is too congested to use her present Mask
Since they share the same building we drove to the other side where the Canadian Blood Services are located. They are open on most Holidays except Christmas. Even though my appointment was for 4:20 we were there before 3:00. I’ve scheduled it for the later time in case I would be back to work. When the doors opened Kathy was able to go sit in the Refreshment Area to wait for me. With my not being able to print the Quick Pass at the Apartment I needed to redo it at the Kiosk before waiting my turn. Others with earlier appointments were brought in on schedule but as soon as there was an open space I was called in.

Angela did a great job of collecting my 121st Donation. Her own daughter at the age of Three Years had to have Open Heart Surgery. Iris who volunteers at the Refreshment Area her grandson had a rare form of Leukemia at age Six. Both are doing well today Thanks to Blood Donors.
After my first Coffee of the day and a few Cookies we were on our way by 4:00. Those cookies tasted good but we knew they would not be enough to hold us over for the night so we stopped at A&W. We tried their Chicken Wraps and small Root Beers. Combined with those Cookies we were more then satisfied.

After watching the 6 o’clock Local News we spent time on our Computers looking on Facebook Marketplace. With both of us looking at different items for our next project we had lots of ideas but only One Item that really caught our eye. By the time we inquired it was already sold after being posted only Fifteen Minutes.

It looks like we’ll both sleep soundly again tonight. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.

Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 121st Donation!

    May you both sleep soundly tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate One Note. It's attaching itself to computers I do accounting on. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echo of the first comment, Congratulations on your 121st donation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats of the 121st donation! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not get my computer to print after an update either. Aggravation. Never had a problem before. After trying all kinds of fixes I went back again into Settings and Printer. Then I clicked the metered setting off. WOW, I could print. Wrote it down for the next time. Really a pain when they change things on us, right?

    ReplyDelete