It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Problem Finally Resolved, The Differences Between Dollar Stores and Research Turns To Shopping.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Last night when I pasted the Document onto Blogger it went exactly the way it was supposed to do. When I reviewed the published Blog I noticed that the different sized Fonts had returned which I have tried to fix for quite a few times. It used to be that if a Blogger were having problems you could send Feedback to Blogger in Australia and they would work with you to resolve the problem. Lately the Feedback Link has disappeared and no matter how many times I sent a concern about the Font sizing before the Link disappeared they never fixed the issue.

As for the possibility of there being a Bug in my Computer after running multiple Virus and Spyware Programs nothing showed up as a fact I had less Tracking Cookies then are normally collected in a week.

When it comes to Corrupted Files anyone can get those. Computers work off of Mathematics and it only takes a single piece of data to be offset to cause the Corruption. At first I thought that it was due to my using the Libre Office Manager that had triggered this event. Then I recalled all the times that the Microsoft Office Manager had caused me repeated problems and no matter how often they were corrected they would often come back on the next page.

Changing the subject to Dollar Stores. The Dollar Tree stores in the US sell everything for a Dollar. The Dollar Tree stores in Canada sell everything for $1.25. Even when our Dollar is closer to par we still pay more. Even though the products are less expensive the quality of their products is lower then their Competitor that I wrote about last night.
Even though I stayed up until nearly 1:00 this morning reading other Blogs I was still up before 8:00 this morning. Looking out the Balcony Door the Sun was starting to reflect off the rooftops and vehicles. By the time I had breakfast ready Kathy had joined me.

We spent the better part of the morning researching combination Trash Recycle Bins. We were both Recyclers long before we met having taught our children the value of the practice. We even carried on the practice while we were Fulltiming in our Trailer and we continue to do it here in the apartment. The problem is the size of our Kitchen. With Three Bins side by side when we have to open the Fridge or far Cabinet Door wide we have to slide them over. The solution is to have a Tower with the Recycle Bins above the Trash.

We found plenty of Towers that would fit nicely in City Parks with side by side Bins. We also found cheap Plastic Bins that took up more space then we already have that could be stacked.
Kathy used some of the Chicken we brought home last night to make a Sandwich that we shared with the Fries for lunch along with the last of the Date Square for dessert.

After lunch we started looking at Canadian Tire, then going to Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe’s and Home Hardware to see what king of Trash Cans they carried. The best we found were small sized Bins that I would need to make the Cabinet. Kathy figures I haven’t the time so we headed back to the Apartment empty handed.
For supper Kathy made Chicken Strips with the last of the Chicken to go with the Asparagus and Garden Salad we had. We each had a slice of Fruit Cake for dessert.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News the weather guesser forecasted Twenty-Four Hours of Flurries. All that for Two Inches of the White Stuff before the temperature takes a plunge. We watched a special on Television before turning on our Computers. We’ll see what we do tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The farthest you travel on the weekends is to the sofa.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you once more for addressing the prices at Dollar Tree.

    Though I now live in a small west Texas town that has very few stores, I remember being overjoyed when Dollar Tree came to town. I agree with your assessment that the quality of their products has declined.

    In the '90s when Dollar stores first emerged (when I lived in Houston) they had quality products. I still have buckets and camping stuff that today would cost much more than that.

    I applaud you guys for being recyclers our planet needs more people like you.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have eight .... yes EIGHT ... Dollar Tree or 99Cent stores in our tiny town in California. We are pretty much stuck with that quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the Dollar stores. I use Blooger to type my text. I coded HTML for years so if the code gets screwed up I'm able to correct by going into the code. At least one piece of old work knowledge comes in handy. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go here:

    https://support.google.com/blogger/thread/new?hl=en

    and ask for help, someone will get back to you.

    ReplyDelete