It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Working Things Out and A Tragedy.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After waking a few times throughout the night I managed to sleep until 9:00 this morning. Having not gone to the Gym on Friday or Saturday I knew what I needed to do today.

I’d barely gotten things ready for breakfast when Kathy joined me at the Dining Room Table. She had slept quite soundly and when she heard about my night she told me I needed to go to the Gym today.
Once we’d finished our morning chores we worked together making lunch. While I made the Chicken Noodle Soup Kathy found most of our snacks we had on hand to make a Side and Dessert Plate as well as Tea. Even though I go to the Gym to get in shape one still needs some energy to burn off.

Shortly after cleaning up the Dishes I used the Truck so that if Kathy had to go anywhere she could use the Car. Before I left I set the Television on CNN because Kathy wanted to see if there was anything new about the Impeachment.

Arriving at Planet Fitness there were plenty of people with the same idea but it wasn’t as packed as I have seen it. I managed start and end with Cardio Exercises which helps to prepare your body to do Free Weight and Resistance Training but it also helps to relax your body when you are done. It may raise your Heart Rate but it lowers your Blood Pressure.

There is a problem when I go to the Gym and that is Kathy is left alone. Due to the Heart Problem that she was born with she moves at slightly slower pace. Due to her Arthritis she doesn’t do the weights. It makes me feel guilty about leaving her behind but at the same time I know that I need to exercise.

When we had our house we had our own Workout Room with Treadmill, Elliptical, Exercycle, Universal Resistance Machine as well as Free Weights. When we moved into the Tecumseh Apartment we kept the Exercycle and Free Weights. When we went Full Time the RV Park had a small Workout Room that I used plus I carried Dumbbells in the Trailer. Now that we are living in a Single Bedroom Apartment there is no choice but pay for a Gym Membership.

I needed to spend a bit more time working out the Kinks today but felt much better when I finished. By the time I stopped at the grocery store to get a couple of things it was past 6:00 before I got back to the Apartment.

Kathy had already prepared supper and just needed to reheat the Half Rack of Spare Ribs that we shared to go with the Garden Salad she made.
Something Kathy didn’t expect was I brought home a few Paczki. These are something we have every year at the start of Lent. She was just surprised they are out so early. Since we are having them now we won’t be having them again until next year.

There was Sad News on most Network Channels about the Helicopter Crash that killed 9 people including  world famous retired basketball player Kobi Bryant and his daughter Gianna. We’ll keep all the victims in our prayers

The next few days are going to be busy so we’ll fill you in after the fact. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You know you are getting old when

you can eat dinner at 4 P.M.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you go to Planet Fitness in separate vehicles? Kathy could walk on the treadmill at her pace and then leave when she's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest Planet Fitness as well.
    That was an awful tragedy that took 9 lives and many so very young. Prayers for all involved!!

    ReplyDelete