It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 12, 2017

Materials All Cut, An Old Friend Is A New RVer and Our Neighbours Need Our Prayers.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy wasn’t too happy when I got out of bed before 7:00 this morning but with the promise of a Humidex Reading of 104 F (40 C) today I wanted to get my outside chores finished as soon as possible. As soon as we finished eating our breakfast we did take a few minutes to check our E-mails but had to leave the Blog Reading for later in the day. Making certain to bring plenty of fluids with us we are out the door before 8:00 this morning.
Our Lilies are Blooming already.
We were on our way back to Home Depot in Windsor to exchange the two quarter sheets of plywood that we only purchased yesterday. As soon as we had gotten Home last night I checked the Material List that itemized every piece of material needed for this project on a list. That’s when I realized I would only get a single piece cut per panel which was no good. With a quick look to see the pieces were in As New Condition the Associate was more then happy to refund our purchase.

Kathy had gone to the In-Store Subway to get our lunch. She knew that I wouldn’t want to stop too long for lunch so that would be practical for the both of us. By sharing a Foot-Long Sandwich reduces not only the Cost but our Calorie and Carb intake. She did make one simple mistake in the order and that was when she waited until after the fixings were on the sandwich to have it cut in half. She has a more moderate taste in sandwiches where I add Hot Peppers, Jalapenos and Hot Sauce on mine. She met me inside the store just as I heading to the front carrying a Full Sheet of plywood. 
Kevin making his own Pizza Dough.
By 9:00 we were heading south on Walker Road almost reversing this morning’s trek. Within a short while we were driving through McGregor past the exit to Wildwood Golf and RV Park and heading towards Amherstburg. Our destination was our son Kevin’s home where many of our tools are stored. It was after 9:30 when I backed into his driveway and started unloading all our materials. It was already HOT enough that Kathy immediately when inside their Air-Conditioned Home. Kevin had his own chores to do which was fine with me. 
Using Miter Saw on top of Table Saw.
It didn’t take long to get the Table Saw set up outside so as to minimize the mess inside the garage. After making a few measurements I was busy ripping the Support Material to the size we needed. Then using the Table Saw as a work bench for the Miter Saw I started cutting the Drawer Framing, Shelf Faces and Backup Braces. As each piece was cut to length I would check them off the list. It was difficult but I remembered to drink plenty of fluids. 
Cats sleep in the strangest positions.
When all the pieces were cut to length the Miter Saw was cleaned before being putting away. More measurements were done on the Table Saw before I started doing multiple passes on the more then twenty pieces to Dado them to fit the thickness of the Plywood. By the time I finished that Kathy called me in for lunch. 

Remember I said she forgot to have the girl cut the sandwich before putting on the fixings. The first bite Kathy had of her sandwich nearly took her breath away but sure cleared her sinuses. It sure tasted mild to me. 
Even their neighbour's dog Sadie knows who we are.
As soon as I’d finished eating I was back outside making adjustments to the Table Saw. Since there were no work benches nearby I needed Kevin to support the plywood as the first three cuts were made. It was right after that that Kevin had to go pick Cameron up at school. I had to hustle to finish cutting the pieces to their finished sizes before they got home. Cameron has very sensitive hearing and can’t stand the sound of a Power Saw within a thousand feet so I try to get any work I need to do finished while he’s at school and he’s only days away from Summer Vacation. Kathy helped me clean up and close the garage. It was 2:10 when we past Kevin and Cameron as they were heading home. 
Signs of spring everywhere.
We made a stop at Sun Parlour Trailer where I needed to exchange one of the fittings we’d purchased for our Waste Barrel. Rob had been working under a Diesel Pusher but still took the time to show me different fittings that could do the job. One of the customers that was there before us was an old Bowling Buddy from years ago. He and his wife Annette have just started RVing. While Rob was showing me the fittings Kathy was telling Al of all the places we’ve been and the things we’ve done. Before we left Al said Kathy should talk to Annette about traveling the way we do. We hope to hear from them and share our adventures with them. 
We've never seen Rob this dirty,
We were Home shortly after 3:00 and quickly cooled the trailer down by simply opening the door. As I was unloading the truck our neighbour Ted pulled up and immediately approached me to talk. His wife Eileen had a Stroke overnight and was now in Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He asked if I could water his plants and check their trailer while they are away. We’ll be keeping them both in our prayers.

By 4:30 neither of us felt like cooking so we drove up front to the 19th Hole Restaurant where we both enjoyed a Half Platter of Perch for supper. We again splurged on Ice Cream for dessert to help cool us down. By 9:30 the Humidex was still at 97 F (36 C) and was not expected to go much lower overnight so we finally turned on our AC. Tomorrow should only feel like a Hundred so we’re not sure what we’ll be doing. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Witty Words of Wisdom

It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like another busy day getting things accomplished so you can get the 5th wheel set up just the way you both want it. Hope there will be pictures when you are through with this latest project.
    Hope your friend recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete