It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sickly Night, Fixing an Oops, More Christmas Shopping and Satisfying Meal.


Our Location today is Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

There was no need for any kind of heat to be turned on when I got up at 6:00 MST as the temperature was already holding at 52 F (11 C). The only problem I’d had was that I kept waking on and off throughout the night but stayed in bed so as not to wake Kathy. Finally, at 6:00 I just couldn’t lay there anymore so got up and started my morning reading. I then got things ready for breakfast before actually getting myself ready to work outside. 
Moving our Generator to get my tools.
When the time approached 9:00 MST I got a little concerned as to why Kathy was still in bed so I thought it was time to wake her. Apparently when I had woke up throughout the night was when she had just come back to bed. She had been sick most of the night and instead of letting me help her she suffered by herself.  
Her Hot Cereal helped to settle her stomach but she was mystified as to what caused her to be sick because we had eaten the same things yesterday and other than being tired from lack of sleep I was feeling fine. While Kathy did her morning reading I finished my inside chores before heading outside. 
Yesterday because we couldn’t find the Stainless-Steel Fasteners needed to attach the Brackets to the Solar Panels anywhere in Quartzsite. We had hurriedly traveled to Blythe, California in order to get them at the Ace Hardware Store. We also managed to get additional Christmas Gifts bought for our 2017 Celebration at the local Kmart. When we got Home the sun was already starting to set. 
Part of a Plane Fuselage.
This morning, I gathered all those Fasteners and set up shop on the tailgate of the truck. After adding the brackets to the first Solar Panel, not only was I feeling the heat from the Sun but I started noticing the Lack of Lock Washers needed to fasten the Brackets on just the second Solar Panel. It was at that time I remembered Second-Guessing myself while getting the Lock-Washers. I prefer to take my time and serve myself so I don’t make mistakes but yesterday Javibre that’s his name, was hurriedly trying to help me. I had the numbers of all the fasteners needed written down and intended to add an additional dozen pieces but instead I only picked up twelve pieces. 
Warm enough for Shorts and Sandals.
It was at that time Kathy called me for lunch. I explained the mistake that I had made and could not finish the job without them. Road vibration would loosen those bolts in no time. That’s when she admitted doing the same thing with our Christmas Shopping yesterday. I had made a few suggestions for certain people on our list and she seemed focused on something else.
After making a phone call to verify that the Ace Hardware was open today. I managed to put the assembled Solar Panel on the roof with Kathy’s help, for Safe Keeping before closing up shop again today. The heat was starting to bother me so we both chose to wear cooler summer type clothing for the first time since our arrival here in Quartzsite. 
We arrived around 2:00 MST at the Ace Hardware Store in Blythe, California after another awe-inspiring ride through the mountain pass on I-10. Kathy went to check out their Christmas Decoration Section while I headed over where they had the fasteners. While I was busy counting out the number of Lock-Washers needed for my job another gentleman had found what he needed but couldn’t find the price. After learning firsthand yesterday about being charged by the pound I explained it to him. Like me he was very doubtful of what I was telling him. His jaw nearly hit the floor when his bill came to only Seventeen Cents and our bill came to only a Dollar and Seventy-Six Cents. 
Randy like myself had never seen Stainless Steel Fasteners sold by the pound. Kathy joined us at that time and we found out that Randy lives only forty miles from Niagara Falls in Ontario and has been coming to this area for the last five years. Who knows we might meet again somewhere in Canada. 
Moonrise over the mountain.
We returned to Kmart where Kathy seemed to be more focused today. The one thing in particular that we were looking for took quite a while before we found it again. We then managed to scratch many more Christmas Gifts off of our 2017 Shopping List. As Kathy said these stores have things in stock now that the stores back in Windsor won’t see for another year so this works out perfect for us. 
We were about to head back to Quartzsite when I noticed the Hot & Ready Every Day Deal at Little Caesars. Being neither of us are Pepperoni fans we chose the Make Your Own for Seven dollars. In ten minutes, we were carefully trying to eat a piping hot Hawaiian Pizza that was just big enough to leave us satisfied.  
We arrived home before 5:00 and were glad our running around is done for now. Tomorrow I have to get those Solar Panels finished and Mounted to the Roof. The Weather Network is showing High Winds for this coming Friday so the Solar Panels have to be secure by that time. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.

Pictures by Kathy.

Krackers 

A fine line by Mark Twain 

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes.

4 comments:

  1. I am watching your solar instal with interest. I hope to be installing solar on our rig when we get to quartzsite in January. You can visit us at aplacecalledaway@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for your solar panel install. What is the total wattage of the panels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me homesick. Quartzsite had become our home for 10 years. The scenery pictures are great. We have driven on our quad all over the area. Oh sigh. Dan put up all 6 of our solar panels. They sure worked good. We dry camped 9 of the 10 years we were in Quartzsite. That first year we had to run the generator a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guilty. I haven't checked blogs for a while for a variety of reasons. I'm sorry Kathy isn't feeling well, but I get a kick out of how you dive into your projects. How do men know how to do what they do? I have asked myself that question so many time since I lost Rich. It seems to me that men just know things. I spent two hours, today, trying to put together a simple table to put my computer on--the kind that slips under the chair--no directions, just a diagram. I feel like a dunce--it's put together, but the screws won't go in.

    I'll try to catch up--I have no excuse--sometimes I think just a little depression that keeps me from doing the things I should be doing. Glad I checked in on you guys and will try to catch up. Happy holidays to you both.

    ReplyDelete