It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

All Solar Parts Have Arrived, Ordering HD Antenna Problems, No Problem Verizon Phone Number and Decking the Halls.


Our Location today is Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

Going to bed without the heat on at night seems to be working out for us because when we wake up just after 7:30 MST we are feeling well rested. The only problem is without the warmth of those New Flannel Sheets when we get up we do have to turn on the Electric Fireplace to take the chill from the air for a short time. Breakfast also becomes a place to check on what the day’s activities will be along with a progress report on things being done. We both appreciate having a second cup of coffee that we normally finish at the computers. 

When we were talking with George and Suzie from Our Awesome Travels on Saturday they gave us some tips on how to lessen our Data Usage so we are giving it a try.  In the past, we would turn the MiFi Jetpack on in the morning and turn it off before going to bed. Even though we were not online there were probably programs on our computers that were going online without our knowing because the laptops were set to Automatically Connect. Now we have unchecked the Automatically Connect box and when we are not online we disconnect from our Jetpack and if neither of us are online we are shutting the Jetpack off as well. There are plenty of things we do on the computer that is done Off-line and if we are not Online why should our computers be. We’ll see how this works out and report on it for the next couple of months. 

As mentioned yesterday we were considering getting a HD Antenna so we could get some local news wherever we go which is something we have missed since we left McGregor at the beginning of November. After I spoke to Bob about his Antenna yesterday Kathy found the same HD Antennas on Amazon for less then fifty dollars last night. Today after some discussion we decided to order one. We also wanted to order a few more things and we were happy that the price didn’t break the bank. However, each time we tried entering the mailing address it kept being kicked it out as a non-existent address. 

We finally gave up on Amazon and were out the door around 10:00 this morning to run a few errands. Our first stop was at Discount Solar on East Main Street in Quartzsite. Yesterday when I had purchased LED Replacement Bulbs for the trailer I didn’t get it right. Seeing the different lights on display was impressive and they all looked bright but when I went to install the new bulbs in the closet they were way too dim. Kathy could barely see her clothes inside. I didn’t try to return the ones I had installed but did exchange the three I hadn’t. I had Kathy there to tell me which one she preferred today so we went from 147 Lumens to 543 Lumen Replacement Bulbs that will make a difference. 

Our next stop was next door at the Family Dollar where we got a few groceries while we were there. 

Our next stop was the Local Hardware Store to look at what they had in stock and get prices for materials to use as an Antenna Mast. The owner discussed what he had and even recommended my looking at K B Tools in the Vendor’s Area by where the Big Tent will be for parts. If they don’t have what I need I’ll definite be back. We also found a few things we needed before leaving like smaller sized Aluminium Angle Material to use for tipping the Solar Panels. 
Grilled Bacon and Cheese Sandwiches served with Split Pea Soup.
Back Home while I got ready to go outside to work Kathy cooked some Split Pea Soup and Grilled a couple of Bacon and Cheese Sandwiches that helped to take the chill out of our bodies. 

I had made plans to go work on the Solar Panel Frames but Kathy was concerned we were about to run out of Data on our Hotspot. We’d purchased a Prepaid Card at Dollar General yesterday but when I tried to add it last night I spent nearly an hour on the phone with Verizon telling me the number didn’t exist. Before I totally Lost It I said I’d call them back. Last night I had called the phone number on the Back of the Prepaid Card. Today I called an old Verizon phone number we have had for years and within three minutes everything was done and I didn’t even talk to anyone. I know what number I’ll be calling in the future. 
Power Distribution Block capable of connecting 6 Solar Panels
to a single feed.
Around that time, we hear a vehicle pull up behind our trailer. The driver first went to our neighbour on Site #14 then calmly walked over and left something on our steps. Without waiting for a signature or knocking on the door he was gone. It was the Power Distribution Block that was only ordered yesterday morning from Northern Arizona Wind & Sun. 
Fifteen 3/8 NPT Cable Cinch Lock Nuts shipped in the mail.
Still trying to place our order with Amazon this afternoon I was on the phone with Andrew who worked with me for nearly an hour. The problem was the same as before where the Online Ordering System would not accept the Shipping Address. Andrew even went Online and confirmed the mailing address of this park. He tried entering it at his end only for the computer to reject it as well. Finally, even though this was my first time purchasing anything from Amazon we had to change my History. “Bingo” the order went through. Before the Holidays we’ll be able to watch the Local News with no monthly fees. 
At 543 Lumens each these LED Replacement Bulbs
Give off a lot of light.
While I was on the phone with Andrew at Amazon John the Assistant Manager of Quail Run RV Park came to deliver a letter to us. He also delivered a set of rules that says The Park does not except mail for anyone especially when it weighed close to a pound. When I order things, I always inquire about their means of delivery making certain that it is by a Courier Service. Unfortunately, not all the vendors listen when I explain the rules about the mail. 
Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree with Frosty and Rudolf.
The envelope contained the missing the Cable Cinch Lock Nuts that we had driven all over Casa Grande last week looking for. Luckily David at City Electrical Supply kept his word and had his Supplier ship them to me. I called to Thank Him but he wasn’t there so I left a Sticky-Note Message. If ever we are in the area again and need something electrical materials, we’ll be seeing David. 
A simple Nativity.
Even though we have already celebrated Christmas with our children before we left McGregor we decided it would be nice to slightly decorate our Home for the occasion. This should help us to feel more festive in the coming weeks. 
The message of the season "Merry & Bright".
While Kathy finished her bookkeeping, I managed to install the remainder of the new LED Replacement Bulbs. For supper, we kept it light and simply had a Pulled Pork Sandwich. With all the parts for the Solar Panels now here I’d better get them put together before the parts for our HD Antenna arrive. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

The World's Great Proverbs 

The longest way around is the shortest way home.

5 comments:

  1. best wishes for everything you do .
    this blog seems piece of your precious heart .
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the Led bulbs I put in several years ago I'm sure you will be satisfied with them. Its good when plans come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations look lovely, from this I assume you are staying put over Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love decorating for the Christmas Season and your decorations are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love decorating for Christmas. When we traveled full time in the motor home, I really missed putting up a tree with the kids ornaments. Now with the house, I fly home the first of December and decorate to my heart's content. Your fireplace is lovely. Good job.

    ReplyDelete