It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Arriving In Quartzsite To Warmer Temperatures.


Our Location today is Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

After installing the new and freshly laundered Flannel Sheets on our bed last night Kathy didn’t think she’d like them but while I was busy closing up our computers in the living room she thought she’d just give them a try. The end result was that I was talking to myself because within a minute she was fast asleep. She didn’t even hear me taking my shower in the very next room. Then this morning it was just as I suspected it would be. It was past 8:00 MST when I tried waking her and she didn’t want to wake up even to the sound of the kettle clicking off. When she finally tore herself from the warmth of those sheets we had breakfast and continued packing the trailer for today’s travel. 
Once I’d completed my inside chores it was time to start closing up the outside of the trailer. It didn’t take long to find my gloves dealing with the 32 F (0 C) temperatures. I managed to get started draining the Waste Tanks as well as refilling our Fresh Water but with last minute questions from our neighbour Willie about things he had done to their trailer and questions of why we were doing things it did slow our departure. We would have liked to have spent more time visiting with them during the last few days but we were busy trying to find things that we should not have had to do. 
In the short time it took to change from my working clothes into my more casual wear for traveling, Willie and Linda had driven off to their next adventure headed towards Apache Junction. After starting the truck and pulling it forward to collect our boards I took the time to call David at City Electrical Supply to see how his search was for the 3/8 NPT Cinch Nuts was going. He had located them at his supplier in Phoenix but wouldn’t have them until tomorrow. He suggested I call back later with our new address and he would ship them directly to us.  
After we both peeled off a layer of warm clothing it was nearly 10:00 when we were turning onto Pinal Avenue headed towards Florence Boulevard. Due to the number of holes that will be drilled in the Junction Box on the roof of the trailer to hook up the Solar Panel Cables I needed to get a Hole Saw at Harbor Freight. Kathy decided to set up the GPS while I went in by myself. The only Hole Saws I found were in sets and since I have set back in Amherstburg and the limited space in the trailer I chose instead a Step Drill. It gives the multiple sizes all in a compact package. Just as I was about to pay for it I recalled not putting something away inside the trailer. Luckily it had not moved during our short drive otherwise it could have caused some damage. 
It was going on 11:00 by that time so before hitting the highway we stopped at Long John Silver and had one of their Fish and Chip Dinners for our early lunch. Since their parking lot was way too small for our rig we parked in the Walmart lot and walked over. It gave us time to relax and discuss what we wanted to do when we got to Quartzsite this afternoon.  
Finally, back on Florence Boulevard heading towards I-10 we had a five-minute delay due to construction but once we started rolling the distant mountain ranges and cactus covered landscape kept our attention. Uncertain of how the New GPS would work Kathy chose to use our Older Rand McNally GPS that brought us safely to all our destinations. After getting us through the maze of roadways in the Phoenix area Kathy was able to reset our course to the Buckeye Tractor Supply Company where I was able to get the last three pieces of Aluminium Angle Material needed to mount our Solar Panels on the trailer roof. 
Not knowing what we’d find with just over ten more miles before reaching Quartzsite we stopped to top off our Fuel and Propane at one of the larger service stations. We were completely set up on our site at Quail Run RV Park by 4:00 so I called David at City Electrical Supply in Casa Grande to give him our mailing address. Again, he assured me my parts would be delivered. 
We wanted get a quick look around the area before the sun set so we drove north of the Interstate seeing where the Big Tent will be going up and seeing large numbers of RVs already parked on LTVA land in preparation of the Holidays to Come. Somewhere out there we know our friends George and Suzie from Our Awesome Travels are parked. 
We found the Huge Laundromat on Main Street as well as the Main Street Eatery and since we were tired from our 190.4 mile trip we chose to enjoy their mouth watering Spare Rib Dinner. It was so tender we used our forks to eat it. 
After a few errands tomorrow I have to get busy getting our Home ready for Boondocking next month. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Pictures taken
by Kathy.
Krackers 

Joke of the Day 

Ask a silly question: 

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavour, 

and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Quartzsite, the big tent will be set up south of I-10, You should be able to get just about anything you need here in Quartzite, not many rev's here yet, pretty quiet around town until January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long you guys going to be there...we are heading there today from Casa Grande...didn't know you were here too! We will be in Quartzsite today shopping and for one more night before we head to Lake Havasu for a few nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be out near George and Suzie next week, sometime on Tuesday for at least a week before we head on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry we didn't get over to see you. My Dad had to be moved to a 24 hour care facility and we had to also remove everything from his apartment. It was hectic trying to find a place that would take him immediately. Yesterday his condition improved and he opened his eyes and even ate a little. I have an email option on my blog, and if you could send me your contact info, we'll try and hook up in Quartzite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you have Silly AL's on your places to eat. Try to make time for the Desert Bar too. It is a bit out there but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete