It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Put Away, Working Out, Eating Lite and “No Country For Old Men”.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It was well after 11:00 when I returned to the Apartment with all the folded Laundry last night. Kathy was practically falling asleep in her Chair so rather then putting everything away I turned down the Bed so she could go to sleep. Luckily I had written the Blog while in the Laundry Room so I simply uploaded it then added the Pictures and published it.

I was awake by 8:00 and with a single look outside I knew we would not be seeing the Sun today. Surprisingly Kathy joined me shortly after 8:30 so we had time to talk about our day before going to the Computers. We accomplished quite a few things before getting ready for an early lunch including putting the folded Laundry away.
Since we had eaten at the A1 Chinese Restaurant last night we kept lunch Lite. We finished the Garden Salad that Kathy made the other day then we had a Banana and the last of the Paczki for dessert so they wouldn’t go to waste.

Kathy wanted to do some organizing this afternoon but she also wanted to listen to CNN. Even though it was the President’s Legal Team she wanted to hear what kind of Lies they would tell today. I set up the Television before heading out the door.

Taking the Truck I went to Planet Fitness and was able to start my Cardio before 2:00. The after work gang hadn’t arrived yet so I was able to do Three Sets of each of the Free Weight Routines that I have been doing. From there I used the Resistance Machines until things started getting crowded. That was perfect timing for me to do my closing Cardio before heading to the showers.
I was back at the Apartment before 5:00 and when I walked in Kathy was just finishing making supper. She used a Pound of Ground Beef with Manwich Sauce over a bed of Egg Noodles with Parmesan Cheese on top. It was delicious.

Since the Hearings ended early today so after we watched the 6 o’clock Local News and there was nothing of interest on TV we decided to watch the movie “No Country For Old Men” on a DVD we had. Neither of us saw this when it came to the theatres but it won Awards. It kept you guessing to the very end. We gave it a Ten.

Not sure what we’ll be doing tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

9 comments:

  1. Sounds as if everything went well, Rick. I haven't been paying attention to the political scene so I hope you post anything of importance on your blog so I'll know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed your blog but I have to tell you that I am deleting you from my reading list. You are entitled to your views but as a Canadian, you should keep your mouth closed out of respect for another country. Especially when you are accusing the President of the United States of something that even the courts have not determined. Still think you aare good people who have got caught up in something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orange idiot uses the courts with his appointees using our tax money to have the verdicts that suit him !him.However,the court of public opinion might trump him !

      Delete
    2. With all due respect Lorne Green I disagree with you. This administration killed a high ranking Iranian official...a horrible man he was with the blood of many of our American soldiers as well as other nationalities without notifying Congress.

      That had collateral damages which included the downing of a passenger airplane. In that plane were 63 Canadians...so I believe Rick has every right as a Canadian citizen to express his views.

      When Iran bombed the airbase in Iraq Trump lied saying there had been no American casualties. Though no one died, he days later only acknowledged 8 US soldiers had "headaches"...it was later said it was more than 30 US soldiers who suffered serious head trauma. There are probably more but you can not believe anything that comes out of his mouth. This post just proves how divided we are as a nation.

      As far as CNN is concerned it is considered the best news network in the WORLD...otherwise why do you think the President of Ukraine was going to be forced to announce what Trump wanted in an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria?

      If you are listening to Fox News you are not getting the true facts.

      Delete
  3. Rick it is your blog and you can write what you want to. I have always enjoyed reading your daily news. I agree with every comment that you have said about our orange president. He is an embarrassment to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they broke the mold when they made you. You are such a good husband to Kathy.

    As you know I am not good in the kitchen...I can't even boil water without burning it...but I think I am going to try Kathy's recipe of ground meat, manwich sauce and noodles. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading yalls blog, and enjoy it so much. The movie ,No Country ,,, was sure a 10. It took place in my neck of the woods, and they even mentioned the town I live in. Someday I would like to roam around the countryside and write about it. Seems so much fun.

    ReplyDelete