It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 30, 2016

Still Wet, Accomplishing Chores.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Again we had more of a problem waking up at a decent hour than to be able to sleep. Kathy was up shortly after I’d opened the window blinds and started getting breakfast ready. Since the weather guessers were forecasting more rain but not as intense as yesterday we chose to do things closer to Home.

While I finished my morning reading on the computer Kathy found our Flannel Bedsheets to put on our bed. It’s getting quite cold at night for the last week so it was time to make certain we stay warm at night. It’s also been well over a week since I’d last done the laundry so this was the perfect thing for me to do that was close to home and I could stay dry while doing it.
 
Delicious Apple Crepes.
On Wednesday when we’d visited Kevin and Melissa they sent us Home with a bag of apples that they had picked as a family at a local orchard. Kathy definitely doesn’t like to waste food so after a bit of research while I was changing the bed she had her answer. Before I could step out the door with the laundry she was serving lunch. She had created Apple Crepes for us to eat. They were delicious and filling. Now she has to figure which of the dozen other things that she wants to make with the rest of the apples. 

From the time we got up there had been a fine drizzle so there were other people that had the same idea but they were ahead of me. That meant while our clothes were being washed those people were in the process of folding up their laundry.

Once I had our laundry in the dryers I returned Home to gather the trash and recycle. Kathy was busy doing her bookkeeping making certain that our accounts coincided with the transactions we had been making. She needed a little coaching how to rearrange her files on the computer to make them easier to find. After I left with the trash and recycle Kathy vacuumed the entire trailer.
 

When I finally returned with all our folded clothes and linens Kathy found it strange when I asked what she wanted me to grill for supper as the rain had temporarily stopped. She had been so busy she didn’t realize that it was already 5:00. Within minutes I was grilling a couple of nice steaks while Kathy microwaved a nice Acorn Squash, made a Spinach Salad and gathered a few other sides to complete our meal.  
We seldom see these signs in our area.
While grilling the steaks I checked our Rain Gauge and saw we had only gotten two inches of rain at the park. As soon as I went in for supper the rain started again. On the 6 o’clock News they showed a corrected rainfall amount of overtwo hundred millimeters (eightinches) had fallen in Tecumseh yesterday. That much rain came down so quickly the sewer systems just couldn’t handle it. 
This farmer didn't have a pond behind his barn.
We’ll be starting our day early tomorrow in an effort of getting things ready for when we head south in just over a month. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers 

A man's home is his castle, 

in a manor of speaking.

2 comments:

  1. We've been lucky since Susan has come. Only one day of rain and that was spotty (yesterday). She's in Santa Fe, now. I caught a heck of a cold. She's better off being there by herself, anyway--I can't keep up with her. She just called me and said, "You were right, Mom. Things ARE expensive in Santa Fe!" I dropped her off and told her to pick me up when she's ready to come home.

    ReplyDelete