It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Both Doing Our Own Thing.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Neither of us had any problem falling asleep last night but by 6:00 this morning I was tired of just lying in bed so it was time to start my day. I went about opening all the window blinds and getting things ready for breakfast before going to my computer. Kathy was finally up shortly after 8:00 so once breakfast was over I just needed to do my morning chores. 

Kathy had plans to do some reorganizing in the trailer today so that meant that I’d be going to our son Kevin’s home by myself. It would take some time to load the bicycle rack we’d used on our Cougar, the battery rack that we had in our Avalanche and the fresh metal products that I plan to use to redesign the two other projects to use on our present Jayco trailer. Before leaving Kathy made certain that I had drinking water and a few energy bars as a snack. 

I arrived at Kevin’s house in Amherstburg close to 10:00 to find him visiting with his lifetime friend Jeff. I simply went about unloading the truck and setting up a work area where I could start cutting things apart. Everything that was once used will be recreated into something new and specific to our new Home. Having been a welder by trade for nearly forty years I could have simply used an Oxy-Acetylene Torch and had everything cut apart rather quickly but I also know how much the heat applied would have distorted the pieces that needed to be reused. 

The decision was made to use a disc grinder equipped with an abrasive cutting wheel. Protecting myself with long pants, gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses, dust mask and hat the process began to cut things into more workable pieces. Before noon I had exhausted the supply of cutting disc that would perform beautifully for only a short while before exploding into numerous pieces many of which were deflecting off my protective facial wear. 

I only took a short break to go to the local Canadian Tire to purchase more cutting wheels. Back at Kevin’s I managed to disassemble the bicycle rack then to cut apart the two battery racks into three lighter racks that will be used to house our A.G.M. House Batteries for our Home. By 2:00 I had to close up shop for the day because Cameron would be home from school shortly and with his Ultrasensitive Hearing I didn’t want to be making loud noises. I told Kevin I’d clean the area with our magnet this evening so I temporarily blocked off the area I’d been working in. 

A stop at the Home Hardware Building Center was made where I had to pick up additional Stainless Steel fasteners that will help in the assembly of these projects. It was amazing that a small bag of nuts and bolts that fit in the palm of my hand would cost over fifty dollars but looking at it from a different view they will never corrode making them very serviceable. 
Wall Decal accents our Live, Love, Laugh clock
Back Home Kathy had gotten most of her organizing finished, mounted a Wall Decal and had started to do some baking. The baking came to an abrupt standstill when she found that she was short of two main ingredients. She approved of how the modified battery racks turned out. When she found out I hadn’t eaten lunch she immediately had me fire up our Weber to grill a couple Johnsonville Brats while she made a Macaroni and Cheese side dish. 
As soon as we’d eaten I needed a shower because of all the metal dust I was filthy. Even after I was all cleaned up if you had seen my arms you would have thought that I had a substance problem because of all the small burn marks on my arms that weren’t covered today. 
These three racks will secure up to six batteries.
Since this was Wednesday evening we went back to Kevin and Melissa’s for our weekly visit. When I showed Kevin how our magnet works at picking up all the metal shards and grinding dust he was amazed. It was like I was painting the cement from black to white just picking up the metal shavings. The rest of the evening was spent enjoying a fun filled visit. 

Before coming Home, we stopped at Walmart to pick up some groceries, baking supplies and toiletries. Tomorrow we’ve some errands in the morning then who knows what will happen in the afternoon. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes 

Modern Definitions 

Ohnosecond:
 
That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG Mistake.

4 comments:

  1. Your side gives me the good idea to make the comment by the way. Thank you!!!

    Ram Steering Upgrade

    dodge adjustable control arms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy day for you folks, I think today I might bake something as well...........picked some apples off our tree yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, doing your own little thing is more satifying then you can imagine... buy lecture tickets

    ReplyDelete