It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Cooler Temperatures, Cooking Up A Storm and Drizzly Interruptions.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Kathy could barely keep her eyes open shortly after our visitors left last night. A combination of a long day and the new medication made it so that as soon as she started relaxing she was done for the night. Strangely after getting to bed early myself the next thing I remembered was being wide awake staring at the clock that read 7:00 this morning. I managed to complete all my morning reading on the computer as well as getting things ready for breakfast before 8:00 when Kathy came downstairs. She actually felt well rested partly because there was no place we had to rush off to this morning. Since the Air Conditioner hadn’t started all night and the temps for the next few days will be cooler we shut the AC and opened all the windows. 

With breakfast complete I finished my inner chores before going to retrieve the truck from the Overflow Parking Area so that our visitors could park on our site last night. When I left to get the truck Kathy was already busy going through the refrigerator making certain that nothing would spoil on us. By the time I returned with the truck she was already busy chopping up some vegetables. Since the plan was for me to continue working on the truck I needed to go pick up an assortment of hand wrenches at our son Kevin’s and Kathy wanted to keep cooking so she told me to go by myself. 
Taken this morning the sky would darken through the afternoon.
Since the cloudy sky was looking like it might rain at any minute this would be a short trip to Amherstburg. My first stop was at the Canadian Tire gas-bar to fill the car with gasoline. The second stop was at Kevin’s where I found him visiting with his good friend Jeff in his garage. It didn’t take long to get the wrenches I needed to bring Home but there were a few other things that Kathy had reminded me to look for. I managed to find tools I could have used last year but not the tow-bar for our Blue-Boy tank. 

On the return trip Home the wipers were needed a few times when it seemed I was driving through an area of drizzle. I was back by noon and Kathy was just in the process of cooking up some Perogies for our lunch with a small bowl of Strawberries that she had cleaned up earlier. Telling Kathy about the rain she said it had been dry the entire time I was gone. 
Perogies with Strawberries for dessert.
Back outside after lunch the wind had increased and the sky had darkened so lying under the truck didn’t seem too appealing. Kathy had seen how the Wind Deflector Frame was looking after I painted most of it Tuesday and that the tool cabinets in the back of the truck were starting to look scraggly so she suggested that I paint them as well. It took quite a bit of time just cleaning the two closest to the tailgate but I’d gotten all the rust and flakey paint removed. Kathy joined me outside to enjoy the cooler temperatures but after sitting only a few minutes she started cleaning out our flower pots of the dying plants. I didn’t get any painting done but Kathy finished the potted plants even after the few short drizzles we were hit by. 
Scrapping the old paint off the tool cabinets.
After finally going inside for the third time because of the rain Kathy had me researching some RV equipment online while she served supper. One of the dishes she cooked in the Crockpot today was a Pork Roast with Carrots and Potatoes. To that she added some whole Cranberry Sauce and the meal was complete. 
Pork Roast, Onions, Potatoes, Carrots and whole Cranberry Sauce.
The 6 o’clock News said that Windsor had gotten afternoon rain but all we had was the drizzle. The forecast into next week is now showing clear skies with no rain so I should be able to get some of my work finished.  

Kathy also managed to cook her version of Pepper Steak and Apple Sauce this morning along with carving a Muskmelon. I don’t think we’ll be starving for the next couple of days. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

The World's Great Proverbs 

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your weather is cooler and you both got a good night sleep. Boy, Kathy sure can cook. Just seeing your picture made me hungry. It looked like it was going to storm here late this afternoon, but it passed us by. The couple next door (very nice) are having their refrigerator fixed. I thought their motorhome was brand new but it's 10 years old. There isn't a spot on it--just beautiful. They are staying until Tuesday, too, just to make sure the fridge works. Time didn't allow, but I should have done that with my A/C on the truck. They are a nice couple. I'm sticking around so we may have a cool drink during the day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete