It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 23, 2016

Slow Start, Getting Things Straightened Around and Striking Out.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

After all the errands we’ve been running the last couple of weeks we both felt like we needed some time off today. We had breakfast and actually sat at the computers to get caught up on E-mails and current events not only happening locally but in Blogland as well. That would allow us to regroup our thoughts as well as getting a few things in our Home organized.  
Homemade Snack-Bars. Still warm. Tasted Wonderful.
Kathy finally finished her Snack-Bar recipe that she got from online. She started it the other day but found out she was missing some ingredients.  

I took care of a few of the regular outside chores. We can definitely tell that it is Fall with the number of spiders that have been making massive webs not only outside the trailer but from the trailer to the picnic table, from the trailer to the large tree at the front of our site, between our vehicles and from the trailer to our garden shed. Each day with the aid of a broom I’ve been destroying those webs only to have to do it again. 

Going back inside I washed up and helped Kathy clean up the kitchen before we headed out the door. 

We didn’t leave Home until after 11:30 today but even that felt like we’d had a day off. We didn’t have too many places to go but the first few were the most important. Since we’d had a light breakfast we stopped at Arby’s to have lunch by using a coupon. It’s nice to eat at Home but we are not scared to eat at fast food outlets if it saves us time and money but this time was to actually waste a little time. When we arrived at Arby’s at 12:15 the place was packed with workers trying to get fast food while on their lunch break and if we had gone straight to our next stop chances were very great that they’d have been on lunch break as well. It would take until after 1:00 before we’d finish our meal and be headed to our next stop. 

Heading up McDougal Avenue Kathy noted a new Dollarama so I dropped her off to look around while I continued on. She didn’t need to sit in the truck bored while I took care of business. 
My destination was Spada Sheet Metal where I had called last week to have them produce a new Heat Shield to protect our Airbags. Since my old friend Ernie had retired I figured it was time to introduce myself to Todd the person that replaced him. Having only spoken to me on the phone he seemed to be dragging his feet on something so simple. Maybe he thought that I was a crank call. After we met he said he’d been busy (that didn’t mean everyone else was) and hadn’t had time to give the job to anyone. He had made a sketch of what I had described that didn’t even resemble what I needed. He was upset that I resketched what I wanted right next to it. I told him my sketch looked more like what I needed then his which would make it easier for his fabricator to make. We talked about how I knew and had worked with both Ernie and his son Wayne. How I’d ordered and paid for the materials from Ernie to make our Fuel Cell as well as our Tool Cabinets in the truck. The entire meeting may have only lasted five minutes but I’m sure he’ll take me serious in the future. Kathy was still patiently walking around the Dollarama when I returned. 
The next stop was back at Bogar Parts and Truck Service to return the fittings for the Airbags that I really hadn’t needed to buy in the first place. They had no problem refunding me and I was so happy I was about to drive out of their parking lot when I remembered we needed a new Backup Beeper. (I Forgot to put it on the list.) This one is better built and won’t rust away like the other one is doing. 
Kathy is still trying to better organize things in the cabinets we use as our pantry plus she wants me to make a holder for the plastic shopping bags we get when we travel. We stopped at Home Depot, Home Outfitters, Lowes all in Windsor, Home Hardware in McGregor, the Home Hardware Building Center in Amherstburg and finally Canadian Tire. Kathy couldn’t find the organizers she was looking for and I couldn’t find the materials that I’d used while in Florida to produce the Shopping Bag Container. 
We got back Home after 5:30 so Kathy made Spaghetti and Meat Balls for supper. Tomorrow we’re are definitely sticking close to Home. With cooler temperatures there’s lots we have to get done before we head south in November. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

Be great in little things. 

St. Francis Xavier

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was just a perfect day here. The temperature was great and the sky so blue. Fall is definitely in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... meat balls. Its my favourite dish. Anywhere, annytime and icecream afterwards.
    discount sports tickets

    ReplyDelete