It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Everyone Wanting to Beat The Heat and First Modification Complete.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Even after going to bed for the night after midnight I was still awake before 7:00 this morning. Since I knew that I was going to have a busy day today the only thing I could do was start getting things ready to roll as soon as possible. I had started getting things ready for breakfast when Kathy came staggering down the stairs. Due to the fact that she is not a morning person and the new medication that she’s on it makes her really groggy, she was lucky not to have fallen. 
The two plants our neighbour gave us.
While having breakfast we discussed what our plans were and what else we would like to do. As soon as I was dressed I sorted the laundry and headed to the Park Laundry Room. The idea to beat the expected 106 F (41 C) Humidex that was forecasted for this afternoon was soon scratched when I saw women waiting for washers standing inside and out of the building. Since I wasn’t in the mood to wait around I went back Home where I had other things to do.  

Using the floor to layout Upholstery Material.

Egg Salad sandwich, Tomato Salad and Strawberries.
Kathy reminded me about the potted plants that Linda had told her she could have so across the street I went to retrieve them. What makes them unique are the pots look like a Gecko is coming out through a hole in the clay pot. Our neighbour Eileen was curious if Linda and Terry’s trailer had been sold and then she started telling me about the plants in those pots and how to take care of them. 
Kathy sewing the bumper strips together.
I started remounting the Wind Deflector Frame on the truck but for some reason I just seemed unable to find the Never-Cease. I had it just the other day but just couldn’t see it for trying. 
Kathy modeling the doubled up Bumper Strip.
Even at 11:00 this morning the warm air seemed to drain my strength any time I went outside so I went inside to cool down. Kathy suggested that I cut the material while cooling down so that she could start sewing the bumper pad for along the edge of our bed. While I laid it out using the living room floor as a work table Kathy started making our early lunch. It all tasted wonderful and as soon as we were done eating I finished cutting the material.  
Attaching the bumper strip to the bottom of the bed.
Adding the bumper strip and batting to the top of the bed.
Upholstery material is not sold in strips but rather off of a bolt so what we needed to do was cut a meter of material into strips so that Kathy could sew them into a long strip. Using her sewing machine Kathy then joined all the strips together making a single long strip. She then had to edge both sides of the strip to give it strength to hold to the plywood bed base. It took some doing and I helped in guiding the material which helped to speed things up. It looked like an extra-long scarf when Kathy had finished. 
A little massaging things in place while adding bumper strip.
Making progress.
To make it easier to fasten I first used a pencil to outline the base of the bed under the plywood cover. After disconnecting the assist cylinders, the plywood bed top was removed and flipped upside down allowing me to fasten the bumper material to the bottom side first. With it flipped topside up again I then started inserting the batting before fastening the bumper in place on the topside. 
Yesterday's picture of the rounded bed corners.
If you remember I rounded the corners of the bed yesterday to make it safer. When applying the batting I started from the top on each side which just made it past the curve on each side. A third piece of batting was added across the end of the bed and over the batting coming down the sides. This creates a better cushion around the corners making it that much safer. No more cut legs or slivers and it’s a perfect fit to our mattress. This is the fourth trailer we have done this to. 
No more cut legs or slivers
The padded edge is the same as our mattress.
For supper I grilled some Asparagus and a couple of Brisket Burgers on the Weber so as not to heat up the inside of the trailer. As soon as we were done eating we had to drive to Amherstburg to pick up some Antibiotics that Kathy needs to take before her dentist appointment tomorrow. Just walking from the car into the Pharmacy and out again was a chore because the Humidex had reached its forecasted high for today.
Back Home I made certain Kathy was safely inside before going to the Park Laundry Room. This time I had the place to myself and waited until the wash was in the dryers before going back to the trailer to cool down. I also used that time to make the bed with fresh linens.  
Refastening hinges to the bed.
I finally made it back from the laundry room with the folded clothes just after 9:00 and I had to catch my breath before putting things away. Kathy likes the finished edging on the bed saying now she won’t cut herself on it. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

A fine line by Mark Twain 

Man- a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.

1 comment:

  1. The bumper you made for the bed is very clever and attractive. Good job!

    ReplyDelete