It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Cleaning Done, Air Bags Out and Overdue Visit.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Even after taking all the precautions I could to have a solid night’s sleep I still ended up looking up at the ceiling for an hour before going back to sleep. Luckily while I was lying there it dawned on me that I hadn’t set the alarm clock for this morning so within minutes of doing that I was once again fast asleep. The next thing I recalled was the alarm going off so it was time to get moving.  

I started opening all the shades throughout the trailer before starting to get things ready for breakfast. It was at that point that Kathy came down the stairs to join me for breakfast. She definitely needed to cover her shoulders from the cool air coming in the open windows at a delightful 55 F (15 C). She had heard the alarm going off but just had a harder time waking herself. We discussed our plans which only had an evening visit listed on our calendar and the rest of the day was doing whatever we could do in preparation for our southern departure. 
Airbags from the truck.
After checking E-mails and Blogs Kathy got busy dusting the inside of the trailer. I also had some dusting to do but mine required me to climb a ladder then using a screwdriver to remove the two Air Conditioner return air vent covers. Behind those vents covers was where the return air filters were located and even though it had been less than four weeks since we’ve had the trailer those filters were filthy. The only way to clean the vent covers as well as the filters was to take them outside and use the Shop-Vac to clean them. 

Once the vent covers were back in place Kathy started getting things ready for lunch while I went outside to prep the truck so I could get the Air Bags off this afternoon. Because we have a protective lens over the license plates I had to remove the rear license plate before I could lower the truck’s spare tire. I had just leaned the tire against the picnic table when Kathy called me in for lunch. 
Grilled Cheese Sandwich along with Tomato/Rice soup
with toasted bread instead of crackers.

Since the temperature was only going to reach the low seventies today she’d toasted some small pieces of bread, then placed them afloat in bowls of tomato/rice soup along with a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch but she had a surprise. She taken a recipe from online and made a fruit/nut pie called a Million Dollar Pie. It was really tasty, not high in calories and the ingredients can be varied. In other words, whatever you have to put in goes in. 
Million Dollar Pie.
While Kathy did the dishes I put on my coveralls and headed outside. Getting all the tools that I thought I might need and more I crawled under the rear of the truck where I pulled myself into a half sitting position where I first disconnected the airlines before starting the tedious task of turning the locknuts off one eighth of a turn at a time. With the limited space between the suspension, the frame and the exhaust it would take over two hours to get the job completed. Once I’d rehung the tire, put away the tools and cleaned up the mess the next thing I did was head for the shower. This will definitely be an Extra Strength Tylenol night. 

Kathy had already made a delicious penne pasta for supper which helped refresh me. Once supper was over she did the dishes while I returned outside to dump our waste tanks. 

By 5:30 we were on our way to Tecumseh to visit with our daughter Karen and son-in-law Greg at their home. We’ve been so busy lately the last time we saw them was when they came out to see our new Home. Both Tyler and Kylla were out visiting with friends so it was an adult type visit. Some time back we had suggested that they might consider changing some of their décor. When we arrived we found they had taken our advice and are in the process of making the change. 
After a pleasant visit it was finally time to head for Home. Tomorrow we have plenty of things to keep busy with and it will be a miracle if our heads don’t start spinning because we’ve only got seven weeks before we hit the road south. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn't. 

Martin Van Buren, 8th US President

1 comment:

  1. When I read your blog post I feel sorry that your sleep pattern is not satisfactory as I have to admit I sleep like a log most nights, filled often with dreams in my slumber. My average is 8 1/2 hrs per night and realize there are always things to be grateful for. Maybe the cooler fresh air will help you? Oh, I would be interested in Kathy's recipe for the pie.....if it is an easy one. :)

    ReplyDelete