It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Big Cool Down, Organizing Chores, Special Celebration and Comparing Notes.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Before going to bed last night I was starting to feel very tired so I was really surprised that I was wide awake minutes after 7:00 this morning. I opened the curtains, got things ready for breakfast and started doing my morning reading. Then suddenly I heard the alarm clock going off in the bedroom. I’d forgotten that I’d turned it on before going to bed last night. My plan to let Kathy sleep a little later was out the window. She was now recovered enough from her cold that she actually heard the alarm. The fact that it was only 55 F (13 C) inside and out kind of snapped her into wakefulness as well. 

We discussed what we wanted to get done while having our breakfast and knew that we were limited by our Supper Plans. While Kathy started reviewing her E-mails I made the bed, dressed and finished my other morning chores. While she dressed I attempted to complete my morning reading. Kathy started reminding me of what I wanted to do which only made it more difficult to concentrate on my reading. 

It was 9:30 when I finally stepped outside and I didn’t see anyone else wearing shorts, sandals and a T-shirt like I was doing. Most others were wearing long pants, jackets and shoes. This was definitely a sign that this was Fall Weather. The Mid-Summer temperatures we were getting as late as yesterday were gone. "How could that be?" 
I manage to sub-assemble the Airbags and Brackets using all new Stainless Steel Bolts so that they can easily be removed if ever the need arises. There was no reason to only install a single Airbag for now so it’s a waiting game for the custom Heatshield to be ready before that happens. 
Once I’d safely stowed them under the Tonneau Cover I refocused my sights on the modified Battery Racks that will be installed in our basement. I’d barely laid out the holes that will be used to fasten them to the wall when Kathy called me to lunch. She had been busy catching up on her Bookkeeping before making Lunch. She was still feeling the cool effects of the north wind so she thought a Bowl of Hot Soup would help us to warm up. We also had another piece of her Homemade Protein Bar for dessert. I can truly vouch that it tasted just as good as yesterday. 
Homemade Protein Bar.
Back outside I managed to get all the holes drilled in the Battery Racks and by using our Magnetic Wand didn’t miss a single metal fragment. I also noted that I’ll still have to remove the lower battery tray off the one rack so it was also placed under the Tonneau Cover for safe keeping. 
Anyone know what kind of Woodpecker this is.
Around that time, I started hearing a strange tapping sound coming from above. It turned out to be a Woodpecker. Unfortunately, I don’t know the different Avian breads but knew that I’d never seen one with these black and white stripes before. Hopefully one of our readers can help identify our little feathered friend. 

By this time Kathy had already added her second Wall Decal to the opposite side of the living room. This one goes nicely with our “Free as a Bird” Clock. We stopped for a few minutes so we could both enjoyed a fruit juice to help keep our energy levels up. 
Outside again I found the piece of plywood that I would use to cut the panel for our Skylight Cover in the bathroom. The reason for that is to keep the heat out in the summer, the cold out in the winter and the morning sunlight from waking us way too early. After verifying the measurements with the sizing of the J-Channel that I had used to make the frame it didn’t take long to cut out. I have a fourteen-inch Husky Handsaw that has very aggressive teeth that made the job go quickly and smoothly. 
I was in the shower shortly after 4:00 getting cleaned up so we could walk over to the Park Clubhouse after 5:00. Tonight they were not only having the “End of the Season Dinner” but they were also celebrating Twenty-Fifth year that Wildwood Golf and RV Park has been in business. The food served was Rolls with Butter, Salad, Penne with Meat Sauce, Chicken Alfredo, Mixed Vegetables, Cabbage Rolls with Apple Strudel and Ice Cream for dessert. It was all delicious leaving everyone wishing they had eaten less Pasta. There were also two bottles of wine on each table. A Semi-Sweet White along with a Dry Red. It was all wonderful. They also had a Husband and Wife band that entertained everyone with a large assortment of music. 

Since this is World Hockey Season three of the men at our table left shortly after the music started. Even though Kathy and I had a chance to enjoy a few dances we also got to talk to one of the wives Marlene. She and her husband Greg are also Fulltiming but in a “C” Class Motorhome. We had a chance to hear some of the not so pleasant things they’ve experienced while RVing. We exchanged what we thought were the many Pros and few Cons about Fulltiming in a Fifth Wheel. We also told her about our Blog so if you are reading this Marlene, glad you stopped by. Around 9:00 we were starting to feel the effects of not having taken our evening medications so we said our good-nights and headed for Home 

Even though there is still lots to get done before we head south, we may have to shake things up a bit tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If 

Your shooting is more accurate than your spelling.

4 comments:

  1. Another very busy day for y'all. When do you stop to take time to smell the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Downy Woodpecker to me, the most common and smallest that we see around here. We see one occasionally here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, youhave quite a busy life. It good to have all those things to do.
    discount theater tickets

    ReplyDelete