It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 16, 2016

Overdue Visit, Showing Our New Home and Finally Getting Chores Done.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

I managed to sleep so soundly last night that I found myself staring at the ceiling at 7:00 this morning so I figured instead of tossing around until the alarm would go off I simply started my day early. I still went through my regular routine of opening all the window blinds and getting as much as possible ready for breakfast. Since Kathy hadn’t roused from her sleep yet I started running scans on my computer because the last couple of nights when I shut it down I would find it still running the following morning. Last night after selecting the Shut Down mode to the Power Setting I waited over fifteen minutes before actually pulling both its power sources to make it happen. 

I made certain that Kathy was up minutes after 8:00 and even though she admitted she could have slept longer she also realizes that by curbing the number of hours of sleep that she is getting, the sleep she is getting is deeper, undisturbed and more refreshing. 

After having breakfast and sitting at the computers I made a couple of phone calls while Kathy got caught up on her morning reading. We then busied ourselves rearranging our living room because we were expecting company. I also moved the truck over to our neighbour’s site since he won’t be back for another week thus giving my parking spot to our guest. 

We were meeting with my sister Anna for lunch at the 19th Hole Restaurant at 11:30 but from 11:10 the numbers I had called earlier were finally getting back to me. By the time we were finally walking out the door the phone was again ringing but this time it was Anna saying she had arrived. 

It only took us three minutes to drive to the front of the park and to get our welcoming hugs in before going inside. Even though today was Friday we chose to have a Chicken Club Sandwich for our meal. That gave us plenty of time to start getting caught up on what had been happening with our families. The meal was delicious as usual and the place was packed but there was only one waitress taking care of everyone. Just as we were leaving the second waitress showed up after having had car problems. 

We had Anna follow us to our site and she seemed in awe just looking at our new trailer from the outside. Having been in our Avalanche she commented that our New Home looked bigger. When she was inside she had the same reaction that we had the first time we saw it “This is a Home.” We explained the differences and all the extras that we have now compared to before. After giving her the grand tour she was trying to figure out how it would all close up for traveling. Our conversation went back to family where we continued getting caught up. It was nearly 3:30 when we said our goodbyes and Anna complimented us on our New Home.
Johnsonville Brat on a bun with potato chips and a fruit cup for supper.
At that point we set our office back up and started getting ready to make supper. Even though our lunch had been lite but filling we had to eat supper early because I had a chore to do. I grilled a couple of Johnsonville Brats on the Weber Q while Kathy gather some picnic type sides to finish off our meal. With everything put together it all tasted great.

My chore was to do the laundry. By the time it was sorted and loaded it was just after 5:00 by the time I arrived at the Park Laundry Room. I had the choice of machines so as soon as I’d transferred the washed clothes to the dryers I walked back to the trailer. By the time the delicate clothes had been hung to dry in the shower I had time to watch part of the 6 o’clock News before heading back to fold the clothes. It was after 8:00 by the time we got all the folded clothes put away where they belonged and I was able to call it a day.

We didn’t travel far today but tomorrow looks like another run around day. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

You Might Be a Redneck If 

It's impossible to walk past your home without triggering a barking frenzy.

2 comments:

  1. Always wonderful to get with family. Glad you had another opportunity to make memories with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate doing laundry. Its the 1 thing that sets me off and makes me angry when i finally am doing it.
    buy theater tickets

    ReplyDelete