It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 19, 2016

Slightly Better, Some Disappointments and Figuring It Out.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

While Kathy was really feeling like she was fighting someone else’s cold yesterday she found that by drinking Lemon/Ginger Tea it seemed to help her feel more relaxed and less achy. By the time she went to bed last night she was feeling slightly better. I didn’t set the alarm so as not to wake her this morning but found myself awake by 7:00 so I simply went about my normal routine before settling in on the computer. It would be nearly 9:00 when Kathy would make her way down the stairs. She had a more radiant glow then she did yesterday. From her own words “I’m not quite one hundred percent but I’m was getting there.” 

With breakfast out of the way Kathy settled in to do her morning reading while I finished my indoor chores. When those were completed I settled in to make some phone calls. The first call to Vehicle Venture was bittersweet that the Airbags might not arrive until Friday now but they will be covered under warranty. The bad part is that because I can’t get the Stems out of the old Airbags I’ll have to find someplace that sells them because Andrew can’t find them anywhere. 

The next call to Leisure Trailer Sales was less unsettling with the news that Jayco would sell us the Stair Handrail for inside our trailer. When they were told the Screen Door Release Plate was too small for the opening the said to bring it back because they had another size to try. 

Kathy was already finishing her first cup of Lemon/Ginger Tea while she started getting things ready for lunch. I went outside and emptied out the basement in an attempt to organize it as well as taking it apart. (You read correctly I needed to take the basement walls apart.) Before I could start that Kathy called me in for lunch. She had made some Homemade Spaghetti Sauce from leftover tomatoes and that gave it a little bit of a bite. 
Spaghetti with Homemade Sauce.
Back outside it didn’t take long to get the rear basement wall off which turned into a big disappointment to me. I had hoped to find lots of wasted space back there in hopes of mounting our A.G.M. Batteries but Jayco barely left me enough space to mount our E.M.S. back there. There was a positive outcome though because I found that the Mysterious Hum we are getting inside our trailer is not from the Converter that charges the batteries but from the Automatic Transfer Switch. It was humming so loudly I could feel it vibrating by putting my hand on it.

I had Kathy come outside to see our predicament and I knew she still wasn’t feeling up to par when she didn’t get upset seeing the basement wall missing. Of course she also had lots of practice from the Avalanche because I always had things tore apart so they could be fixed or improved. She understood the batteries wouldn’t be going back there and she left me with the words “You’ll figure it out.”
 

In only a few minutes I had it all back together and my next thought was what is behind the front basement wall. I dislike wasted space and here was a good example. Jayco ran a vent pipe two inches inside the basement and then added another wall to cover it up creating a five-inch cavity. I came up with a few ideas that weren’t perfect but they were a start. When I showed Kathy the second wall removed and explained my idea she reminded me I’d removed the battery racks from the Avalanche. After some modification they will do what is needed.  

After getting the basement completely together I needed a cool drink. Talking to Kathy while inside there was an unexpected knock on the door. Brad the Service Tech from Leisure Trailers was back. Apparently some of the pictures of the bathroom door were not clear enough for the warranty so he needed a few more. As he was about to leave I told him about the Automatic Transfer Switch being the cause of the hum. He then crawls into the basement and removes the rear wall that I’d put back. After confirming it was the transfer switch he took a picture of it and closed things up. At least the wrong component won’t be changed. 

Kathy had me warm up the Weber Q while I was still putting things away in the basement. Once that was completed and I’d washed up she gave me a couple of nice Sirloin Steaks and a Zucchini to cook. Even though everything was put away in the basement the battery racks weren’t. Looking at them I kept coming up with different ways to make them work. I didn’t burn supper and it all tasted great along with the Spinach and Fruit Salad that Kathy made. 
Spinach/Fruit Salad, Zucchini and Steak for supper
with Cantaloupe for dessert 
Tomorrow we have some errands to run and chores to do. Kathy’s hoping she’ll be feeling better because she’s having another Lemon/Ginger Tea as I write this blog. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

No man is rich enough to buy back his past. 

Oscar Wilde, Irish poet and playwright

4 comments:

  1. You are one busy guy taking things apart and putting them back together, again. Glad Kathy is feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep drinking that lemon ginger tea and try adding a little raw honey. You'll feel better in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There sure are a lot of trials and tribulations with a new rig. Our last rig spent a couple of months at the dealer fixing the mistakes from the factory:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The space wasted like this causes a lots of problems later. I have seen it first hand.
    buy sports tickets

    ReplyDelete