It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

We have Accomplishments.



Our Location today is Apopka, Florida.

Surprisingly we left all the vents and most of the windows open last night and slept like a charm. When we woke up this morning before 8:00 we were surprised to see that it had rained slightly leaving water puddles on the truck.  Once breakfast was finished I did a quick look at the E-mails and a few blogs before doing my inside chores, getting dressed and we were off.
No we didn’t go too far today just walking around the park as the weather didn’t appear to be very promising but today the park was having its garage sale. Anyone camped here could set up a table by their trailers to sell off what they figured they no longer needed or wanted in their units. Kathy and I started at the office where some of the workers had set up a table for their things while they were on duty and slowly walked our way up and down the streets of the park. We did manage to socialize with a few of the other guests but came home without spending a cent even though there were a number of unique items.
Max wasn't for sale but he kept everyone honest by nuzzling up for a petting.
Here's something for the serious rocker.
Back at the trailer I immediately changed into my work clothes and returned outside to finish off the light bar project. Even with the hardest part of the job behind me there were a few trying moments of dealing with so many wires inside the confines of the junction box that I was working in. It took nearly an hour to complete the task of connecting two small wires but the final test showed everything working the way I wanted it to do.
After changing into clean clothes and having lunch I went back outside to clear skies and warm sun to close up shop. I was quite disgusted with the condition of my toolbox as it seemed there were things that should have been in it that weren’t and things that were there that shouldn’t have been. Kathy came outside to read in the shade of the awning while I spent the next two hours getting everything back to where it should have been.
Kathy taking a break and enjoying a good book.
Kathy had also talked to me while I worked on my toolbox that she was having problems with the spreadsheet that I had made for her. It was working okay but it just wasn’t laid out for her to comfortably work with it. After having been a bookkeeper for a company that had six businesses under it for nearly thirty years she knew what she needed. Giving me a written sheet of how she wanted it laid out I started making her a totally new spreadsheet.
Hotdogs and Succatash for supper.
After working on it for two and a half hours Kathy informed me it was time to grill some hotdogs for supper. That break helped me to think of a few shortcuts that would save me valuable time. Another two and a half hours later and it was completed with ample tabs for entries which totaled everything on each tab and created a page that added each separate category from all the tabs with a Grand Total at the end.
We have Ignition.
It was now time to close up the grill for the night and lock up the truck which helped capture the effect of the work I did this week. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What is a giant's favorite story?

A Tall Tale.

7 comments:

  1. The lights look great! We leave Lovers Key next Friday, and we're headed up to the Tampa area for the Strawberry Festival in Plant City, and to hopefully catch a Tigers game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truck looks awesome. What is the next project? You certainly are a handy kind of guy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lights looking good.
    We had hot dogs last night too, must be a southern Ontario thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the truck lights. You certainly know how to stay busy. That's some guitar you saw at the garage sale. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighting project is awsome . I always thought you were a better electriction than a welder. HA HA. Ernie S. from Puce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the lights. The effort was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete