It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Busy Chore Day



Our Location today is Apopka, Florida.

It was nearly 11:00 last night by the time I finished reading all the blogs we follow. After shutting the lights in the back room I made my way to the front bedroom to find that Kathy was already sleeping. The mosquito bites we’d gotten while at the community campfire last night were not enough to stop the fresh air from making us sleep soundly.
This tree is behind our neighbor's RV. Our trailer to the right
The fresh air also helped us to sleep right through until after 8:00 this morning. We never ran the furnace and we were opening windows while our coffee brewed for breakfast. A short while later we were doing our usual morning computer reading and were thankful to be here in Florida as compared to being back home as they’ve gotten a little whiter for the last two days with tomorrow being closer to a foot.
Kathy loved how straight and tall this palm tree was.
I needed to get some of my projects at least started even if I couldn’t finish them. First thing I did was to remove the empty propane cylinder from the trailer and went to the office to pay for its refilling. The park worker came to our site and picked it up and brought it back filled.
These beautiful trees are everywhere.
Next I needed to enlarge the holes slightly in the bracket for the basement door. If you read Tuesday’s post I mentioned how the screws had stripped the holes in the door and I needed to replace them with thicker screws.
Kathy had finished vacuuming the trailer and had me empty the container outside rather then just putting the dust back where it came from.
Now I needed to measure the skylight over the shower. On our older trailer I had made a sliding cover for the skylight which helped keep the heat of the sun out in the warmer days of summer but also the cold of the night out. We could have used that for the last two weeks at night so the other day when we were at Home Depot I picked up some J-rail to do the job. In less than a half hour I had it laid out, cut and formed.
Kathy decorating a Chocolate Cream Pie.
Kathy had stopped from further research she was doing and said it was time for lunch. Another very tasty lunch made from leftovers of last night’s supper that were recreated into another fresh meal.
New J-Frame over our Shower.
By 1:00 I had resecured the skylight over the shower with the frame for the new panel that I’ll make this week. Now I had another job to do. Many of you have bought ready made screens to cover the fridge, hot water tank and furnace openings in order to keep bugs from coming in your RV but how many of those things are the right size. Out of frustration at not being able to find proper fitting screens I also picked up a roll of aluminum screen the other day. I even climbed on the roof and added a screen on the roof fridge vent. The screen that was up there you could pass a pencil through the openings so I’m sure that the bugs would have come in there as well.
Pacific Salmon, Macaroni salad, Spinach salad and a nice glass of wine.
Kathy had finished her cleaning chores in the trailer so she came outside where we sat and talked before coming inside to make a tasty supper. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why did the orange stop rolling down the hill?

It ran out of juice!

5 comments:

  1. I expect to be keeping company with the snowblower this weekend as the same storm hitting Ontario is going dump 30 to 40cm this weekend here in Nova Scotia.Currently its -22C expected to feel like -30C with the wind. Enjoy that Florida sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make a great team! Isn't it good to mark things off the " to do" list? The salmon looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place to stay, glad you guys are enjoying it. We are heading out tomorrow and really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another fun day wrapped up with a tasty supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on Hitch Up and Go....and I think I am going to enjoy your blog! We also have an Avalanche but we just got it in November and are waiting for me to retire - next week - and then we will be off. I just told my husband to check out the vents like you did...he loves projects. And we are SO new to this game! Lots and lots to learn. Thanks for blogging! I will be following along!

    ReplyDelete