It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

One Done Another Getting There.



Our Location today is Apopka, Florida.

As the temperatures have been increasing so has my ability to sleep. After a few nights of partial sleep last night I only woke long enough to turn over and then slept until after 8:00 this morning. After a simply breakfast of Bagels and cream cheese I took a quick glance over the blogs this morning before I headed outside. We had a different visitor this morning the squirrel we normally see by our patio decided to try and see what we were doing in the back room but after not finding anything of interest decided to leave.
Hey whats going on in there?
It didn’t take me long to start lining up the passenger side light bar but there were a number of minor adjustments to make. After finally getting it all trimmed it was time to layout and drill the holes. Since I don’t wear a watch when I’m working on things like this it just seemed strange when Kathy called me in for lunch and I didn’t know why.
No that's not the new step bar just my helpers for the job.
After eating lunch I suddenly saw the clock was only reading 11:30. When I asked why so early she just said she thought that I would be hungry by now and she needed me to check the spreadsheet I had made for her for our Florida trip. She made a few modifications on her own and things just weren’t working the way they were supposed to. A few copies here and a little pasting there with a few extra pages thrown in for good measure and in twenty minutes everything was working the way it should.
And no I'm not sleeping on the job.
Back outside after a couple of neighbors asked what I was up to I finally had all the trimming and holes finished. As the step brackets were replaced I still had to adjust the bracket covers before fastening the back section with a brace. Looking where to route the wire so that I could keep it away from the heat of the exhaust it seemed the easiest way was through the engine compartment and down to the other side.
See I am working and I didn't know Kathy was there with the camera.
With that complete I turned the truck around backing it next to the trailer. It didn’t take long to have the other step bar and brackets removed. By the time I removed the bolt clips and modified the bracket covers Kathy was calling me in for supper but this time it was past 5:30.
Hot chicken sandwich with mashed potatoes and sweetened carrots for supper.
 
With the sun starting to set when I went back out the only thing I could do was close up shop for the day. I should have the job completed early tomorrow. When I came in for the night Kathy was back into research mode looking for something she had forgotten about.
Kathy researching again!
After a nice warm shower and shave it feels good to be sitting here relaxing at the computer. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

A tidy desk is the sign of a sick mind.

dennydavis.net

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to get those small jobs out of the way when you have decent weather to work with.

    ReplyDelete