It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting There!



Our Location today is Apopka, Florida.

We slept with the bedroom window open last night to keep from being to warm but for some reason after having one good night of sleep I kept waking every ten to fifteen minutes throughout the night and I was still up before 7:00 this morning. I had completed all my morning blog reading shortly after 8:00 when Kathy finally woke up. 
Driver's side ready for light bar installation.
Right after breakfast I quickly did my inside chores before heading out to finish working on the driver’s side light bar. As I was getting set up Jerry and Jeanette Stribbling came to say good bye to Kathy and I. They were actually on their way to a nearby RV Dealer to trade in their old to them trailer to pick up their new trailer that they had just purchased the other day. After a short visit they were on the road to their next adventure.
Jeanette and Jerry saying their good byes.
Jeanette and Jerry's rig ready to pull out.
Knowing what I did to the passenger side light bar gave me a heads up on what I needed to do on this side. There were a few unexpected glitches that added a few delays but once the mounting brackets had been reinstalled the heavy work was done. Kathy called me in exactly at noon today for lunch and with the 85F temperature it was a welcoming break.
We're enjoying having picnic lunches in our own trailer.
After lunch I thought to finish connecting the wires before putting the step bar back in place so I’d have more room to maneuver. I had to splice the new wire loom into another that already existed so I could make the final connection in a junction box that I had installed inside the frame rail of the truck a few years ago. Within an hour and a half and everything was back together except for the terminal connection in the box. With the extra two wires that I needed to connect the screw was an eighth of an inch too short and I didn’t have anything that small in my hardware container.
Kathy told me when it was 3:45 and it was time to start closing up. In five minutes the step was installed and secure. Another ten minutes and I had all the tools put away. 4:00 pm I was heading into the shower and getting dressed by 4:30. This allowed me a few minutes to cool down before heading to the park’s Mystery Potluck Supper.
Rice Pilaf.
Quiche.
Pasta Salad.
It was a small gathering of eight people which was good because the social room is not too big. The foods were varied but all tasty unfortunately Kathy had to pass on one that contained Shrimp which she is deathly allergic to. The game they played for entertainment was not what we had thought they were going to play and unless you knew your U.S. east coast geography very well you could not win. Kathy and I didn’t feel so bad being the only Canadians in the room when all of the other American guest couldn’t answer any of the questions either.
Kathy made Succatash
After a little more chatting everyone started leaving which meant that Kathy and I had time to drive out to Home Depot to get not one screw but a package of those small screws so that I’ll be able to complete my project in the morning. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You sew the legs back onto your jeans at the end of the summer.

3 comments: