It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Change of Plans



Our Location today is Apopka, Florida.

A big Thank You to all of you that left a comment of encouragement for recovery from my tooth extraction they were very much appreciated.  There has been a big change in the Dental field we noticed many new things while there. When we returned to the trailer yesterday and I started feeling the freezing leaving my mouth I took one Extra Strength Tylenol so I wouldn’t have to put up with the discomfort. Last night before going to sleep I took another so I wouldn’t wake up in pain but because I was advised against wearing my CPAP mask I was awake on and off all night. Since I have been up I have not taken anything for pain and have no swelling at all.
Before leaving home back in January we had made plans to move to another park next month. The more people we talk to about this park and with more reading online we have considered changing our minds. The other day we received an E-mail from our daughter Karen saying that because of the snow and cold weather they have had since we left the warm weather we talked about looked very tempting. So the family is planning on coming down for the week the grandchildren are out of school for Winter Break.
Kathy in research mode.
Now Kathy has changed our reservations so that we’ll be able to visit with them while they are down. She is also researching other possible places we’ll be heading to with more things we might be interested in seeing. This brings back memories of back in December when I asked her “What if?”  It is what if all over again and our plans are made in jello.
Kathy going over the maps.
The temperature dropped near freezing last night but the wind chill was closer to 21F (-6C) so the plan was for me to do laundry and finish wiring the batteries today. I wore my hoody sweatshirt to bring the garbage to the bin and was quick to get back to the trailer. I was either going to wear my winter coat that I wore when we left home or wait for tomorrow to work on the trailer. The high today was only 52F (11C) but the cool north wind made it feel colder and handling cold tools is no fun so we’ll see what happens tomorrow.
50F (11C) outside our back window.
When I checked the laundry room after lunch it was filled with people who had the same thing in mind. Finally just before supper I got the laundry started and we ate while the clothes were in the dryer.
Fettuccini Alfredo with Turkey Sausage. My first solid food since yesterday.
We’ll be leaving the water line disconnected and the furnace on again tonight and hope the forecast for warmer temperatures this week are correct and as I write this Kathy is still in research mode. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Seen on a Coaster

WATCH OUT

 Whatever hits the fan

will not be distributed evenly.

7 comments:

  1. Glad your recovering quickly. Hope the warm weather is back soon, like you said it's not fun working with tools out in the cold. Nice to hear that the kids are coming for a visit, lots of fun ahead for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we left Florida in a nick of time. Nice warm day here in Yuma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your recovery is going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your feeling better and experiencing no side effects...enjoy the family..!!!!! The heat will be back before the middle of the week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your feeling no pain and able to eat! What a difference a day makes.

    Sure you will have a great visit with family and what a treat for them to head South.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of this lifestyle, we can change our plans in a minute and go live somewhere else for a while.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your trip to the dentist went well! I'm always amazed that I literally lie down when they are cleaning my teeth (caught that typo--I typed tooth, first). Gone on the sit up straight pump up chairs, the little round mirror, and the suction thing hanging out of my mouth and the old "Put your hand up if it hurts" lie. :)

    ReplyDelete